The Official “Let’s Rally Behind The Team” Thread

I didn't pay that much attention to who Tennessee has played in conference yet.

They played the bottom four in the leage, And none of the top 4 teams.

The rest of the schedule will be much tougher. The impact of Greene missing the rest of the season is really big on the defensive side.
We'll see we have five home SEC games left and three road. We have beat top SEC teams Georgia, Ole Miss, and Arkansas on the road. We have home games left with Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, LSU, and Miss St. Road games with Alabama, Florida, and SC. I will be very happy with winning the five home games and hopefully Bama and Florida on the road. That is 14 and 2 in the SEC.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think a loss in the SEC would have been much more acceptable if it was not to the last place team in the league.
Auburn has only beaten one other team, I believe.
7 losses, but not to the Vols. Hurts knowing 7 other teams in the conference played better against them than we did.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Here's a Pat Summitt quote that's ever so appropriate today...
“Winning is fun … Sure. But winning is not the point. Wanting to win is the point. Not giving up is the point. Never letting up is the point. Never being satisfied with what you’ve done is the point.”
I'm confused. Who doesn't want to win? Who gave up? Who's satisfied? I guess I'm not sure how this is ever so appropriate with the current team and coaches.

I didn't pay that much attention to who Tennessee has played in conference yet.

They played the bottom four in the leage, And none of the top 4 teams.

They beat Ole Miss (tied for 2nd), and UGA and Arkansas...both tied for 3rd.

Why would you post something so blatantly inaccurate on a rival team board about THEIR team?You post made up sh!t, admit you haven't looked at their schedule AND still double down on your inaccurate claims. And you wonder why people here aren't rolling out the welcome mat for you...

2022 SEC Women's Basketball Standings

Tennessee has just played only one of the current Top 5 SEC teams and that was Ole Miss. They haven't other three teams in the top 5 in SC, Florida, or LSU yet. Expand it to the top 8, Tennessee has play 3 of the top 8 in SEC teams. They will be teams that are tied for 3rd place but they will be ranked differently when it comes to tournament seeding.

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm confused. Who doesn't want to win? Who gave up? Who's satisfied? I guess I'm not sure how this is ever so appropriate with the current team and coaches.
Moving toward Monday night’s game, I can see the quote as relevant. Biggin

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I always say this! We need a younger, social media driven fan base…..South Carolina fans are SO LOUD on social media, I hate/love arguing with them but sometimes it’s overwhelming cause it’s so many people to curse out! 😂

Are we following each other? 👀 I love all these players from other teams we gotta make some noise for ours.

For all those jumping all over me for saying they haven’t played any of the top 4 teams in the conference, here is the post I replied to.

“ Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Alabama, and Texas A&M” as the seven games Tennessee won in conference.

I assumed that was alll the games. So my reply was based on that.

I looked up the conference standings and they hadn’t played South Carolina, LSU and Florida. I had a brain fart with Ole Miss. the standings I looked at has them as Mississippi.

However, it’s wasn’t blatently dishonest (just a mistake with ole Miss) to list South Carolina, LSU, Florida and Ole Miss as the top four teams they haven’t played. That is what I said.

Those along with Tennessee ARE the top five teams in the conference standings. You want to kill me for misstating Mississippi as a team they didn’t play? Have at it.

Outside of Tennessee (can’t play themselves) and Ole Miss, they still have to play Florida, LSU and South Carolina. Not an easy road.

Ok, hammer me some more. I’m used to it.

Reactions: mcannon1
They beat Ole Miss (tied for 2nd), and UGA and Arkansas...both tied for 3rd.

Why would you post something so blatantly inaccurate on a rival team board about THEIR team?You post made up sh!t, admit you haven't looked at their schedule AND still double down on your inaccurate claims. And you wonder why people here aren't rolling out the welcome mat for you...

In the ESPN standings

South Carolina 7-1
Tennessee 7-1
Mississippi 5-2
Florida 5-2
LSU 5-3

Those are the top 5 teams.

I'm always gobsmacked by this take. So somewhere - on the bus, pregame meal, shootaround, they decided they just didn't "want to" give maximum effort to win this game? Just decided this was the night to be "lazy"? Didn't care if they looked bad on tv and blew the top line NCAA projection? And everyone went along with this? Exactly how does that work? If I thought that I would not follow this team for a nanosecond.

It's possible to have bad movement, passing, even bad energy and it is NOT a conscious decision. If coaches could capture why focus and energy is sometimes just not there they would never lose a game. There are alot of other reasons besides don't give AF or willful laziness for ineffective play.

There is a common fan interpretation that turns sports into a moral issue. Winners follow the Protestant work, plow the back forty after every game, abstain from all temptation, don't wear make-up and certainly not fake eyelashes and hair extensions whereas losers are lazy, don't care, don't want to win, are vain, slothen, and lack all moral virtues. So, this season LVs where on the straight and narrow except for that backslidin' game against Stanford but now, after the Auburn loss, they have gone to hell-in-a-handbasket and they are speeding down the highway to hell unless and fire and brimstone coach arrives to save their souls. If the LVs win against Arkansas, they will have magically repented for their sins (or more accurately the "Lvs are sinful and lazy crowd" will just stop posting until another off night).

Last edited:
When was the last time an SEC went undefeated within the conference? It’s nearly impossible to do, even for teams winning the national championships.

I personally assumed all along there would be one certain loss: South Carolina, whose depth is unmatched. I personally thought all along that two opponents would be “likely” losses: Missouri and LSU. I have thought all along that a “highly possible” loss could be to Ole Miss, and that we “would not be sure to beat” Arkansas both times we played them.

I’ve been really happy we proved me wrong on Ole Miss, and that we’ve already bested Arky once. Sunday? Who knows?!

I guess what I’m saying is it was never going to be a perfect run through the SEC, and most of us knew the schedule was heavily weighted at the end. Were not most of you expecting some losses by this time? Sure, Auburn wasn’t one I worried TOO much about, but then I also knew they had it in them if everything clicked just right for them at the same time Tennessee had a hiccup. So THAT happened. Ugh.

We’re likely to have more losses, and that’s okay. We’ll get into the NCAA Tournament and then we’ll see if they will have learned and grown from the upcoming losses.

I love this team!

Over the last 5 to 6 years it has been done 3 times. SC ran the table in 15-16 and 19-20. Miss State did it in 17-18. So, it has happened half the time over the last 6 years.

Extrapolate what you want. Everyone has an opinion. Just pointing out that a loss to Auburn is a bad loss.
If you watched Auburn play, they have been in nearly most games until the end. They have beaten another top 25 team already this season. Auburn is a lot better than their record indicates;.

If you watched Auburn play, they have been in nearly most games until the end. They have beaten another top 25 team already this season. Auburn is a lot better than their record indicates;.

Fans here can apply all the turd polish they want, but Auburn sucks, and beating Tennessee doesn't change that fact. They're the worst team in the SEC and lost 23 conference games in a row before this win... which still leaves them at the bottom of the standings.

One of the things Kellie's water carriers could hang their hats on her first couple of seasons was at least she didn't have any "bad" losses like Holly. Make no mistake, this was about as BAD a loss as it gets, rivaling any of Holly's low points...

Reactions: Raebo
I'm always gobsmacked by this take. So somewhere - on the bus, pregame meal, shootaround, they decided they just didn't "want to" give maximum effort to win this game? Just decided this was the night to be "lazy"? Didn't care if they looked bad on tv and blew the top line NCAA projection? And everyone went along with this? Exactly how does that work? If I thought that I would not follow this team for a nanosecond.

It's possible to have bad movement, passing, even bad energy and it is NOT a conscious decision. If coaches could capture why focus and energy is sometimes just not there they would never lose a game. There are alot of other reasons besides don't give AF or willful laziness for ineffective play.

It is not just this game I am referring to. They, as compared to many teams (some they are better than and the few they are not as good or the equal of) they just don't show the same values of "playing the game" with energy, aggressiveness, intensity, (or just plan want too). I do not mean this to be too critical of this team they have a great record (due to coaching and many intangibles they have as a squad). But from time to time as the season goes on, more teams will over come our somewhat "laidback" approach and keep them from being the great team they could be.

I question if you have been watching the right team, the last thing I would call this team is "lazy". Careless with the ball, maybe, definitely not lazy.

Careless, lazy, to me they are much the same... If you are lazy (physically and/or menially) you are careless or you are just not good enough to be in the position you are in. Either way, be it lazy, careless, or whatever, our point guard play shows me a lack of experience, and maybe not enough basketball intelligence to play with SEC type ability.

Fans here can apply all the turd polish they want, but Auburn sucks, and beating Tennessee doesn't change that fact. They're the worst team in the SEC and lost 23 conference games in a row before this win... which still leaves them at the bottom of the standings.

One of the things Kellie's water carriers could hang their hats on her first couple of seasons was at least she didn't have any "bad" losses like Holly. Make no mistake, this was about as BAD a loss as it gets, rivaling any of Holly's low points...

36e1eb55-ad9b-4a58-8c87-1a31196395dc_text.gif

Yes, it was a bad loss.
But which is the anomaly, the first 19 games of the season or the last one against Auburn ?
Does this team turn the ball over more than is desirable ? Yes.
Do they shoot the 3 ball as well as we would like ? No.
But through defense, rebounding, team play and (yes)coaching this team reached being the #4 ranked team in the country. Not a small accomplishment, and one that shouldn't be discarded because of a single game.
Now, if they continue to play as they did vs Auburn, that would be reason to be concerned. But, at least, let's give them the opportunity to prove that a single game was the exception rather than the rule.

VN Store

Back