The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

We didn't need 3 and he was the wrong guy to take it. I don't care what he did earlier. Victor Bailey tied the game but I didn't want him taking it either.
With four defenders in the lane and one open shooter, what’s your call? You hit the open man. There was no lane and no one else to throw to.

I don't agree with the chosen shooter, but Z was not going to score down the lane against 3 defenders, and he probably wouldn't get the foul call.

Ok I can agree with that being a tough play but why isn't Chandler or a better guy than James taking that shot or better yet why are you standing out deep?

Reactions: LibertyVol
His history of “big shots” literally mean nothing tonight. He had the hot hand tonigjt from 3 shooting 50%.

It absolutely means something. Don’t be silly. That’s a different shot than the ones he made earlier. A lot more pressure.

Siri, what is 3 out of 6? Oh it’s 50%. That’s what JJJ was on the night going into last play. He was hot and shooting above his average.

JJJ is 26% 3 pt shooter on the yr. He isn’t the guy you want shooting that shoot. It’s either ZZ or Vesco. Have Zz drive for the 2. It opens a lot if nothing open , you dish to Vesco.
JJJ isn’t making that shot. Lol. He ain’t the “guy”.

Texas wasn’t going to give Vescovi any open shots. On the screens when SV had the ball,BOTH Tx defenders stayed with SV. Inside guys have to make teams pay by taking the ball to the hoop AND score!
1-8 overall and 0-5 from three. He’s figured out all season against teams zoning in on him but he just didn’t have it tonight.

Anyone criticizing Barnes on that is being ridiculous. Players make the decision there based on what the defense does. Besides, JJJ had made nearly all our 3's tonight.

That phantom call against JJJ was BS especially considering how many times we got hacked on shots with no call at all. More incompetence from college refs...color me surprised.
It was terrible. Not even close to a foul.

It absolutely means something. Don’t be silly. That’s a different shot than the ones he made earlier. A lot more pressure.

If everyone’s total history of playing mattered, they would literally spit out the same stat line week in and week out. JJJ was shooting way about his average which means he had hot hand. This is not debatable.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I just don’t like taking 3s when down by 2 or less.

Rather see ZZ at the rim and if he gets blocked so be it.

Weird game from ORN though, he missed 3 or 4 right at the rim and also had that stupid foul on the half court shot. But also had 9 pts & 8 rebounds.

This was a game where had a big of ours really stepped up we win easy. All of their bigs were in early foul trouble.

Reactions: walkenvol
And with that, Tennessee is now a bubble team at risk of missing the tournament.
Wtf are you talking about. UT was a 5 seed before this game. 16, 9, 10, 23, 15, and 5 are teams NET numbers we have lost to. None of them at home. UT is still top 15 in the NET. Also UT next 4 games should help maybe get this team some confidence with Texas AM and Vandy at home, and SC and Mississippi State on the road.

VN Store

Back