Peter Burns on Bama Being Ranked Above TN

In 3 weeks they lost to Missouri, Vandy, and UF blew them out.

They beat vandy but it wasn’t impressive. Arkansas blew them out but gave up some garbage points late. They didn’t have chance Vs UGA and the only reason they beat Kentucky is because Levi’s was out.

Noooooooo! I would use the Darth Vader Meme for emphasis, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
I we played Bama 12 times this year we would probably lose 11 of them. They are years ahead of us in recruiting. That what makes this year's win so much sweeter. It's all for nothing if they make it in though! GBO

USCe also beat the beloved Clemson the following week, making it 2 top 10 wins in back to back weeks. That's why Beamer said they had their own version of the CFP.

That said, Alabama should not be ahead of UT. They should be out of it too.

I really do believe Tennessee has earned the 5th spot. Beating Bama and LSU and the only 2 losses both to current top 20 teams. Tennessee's best win is better than Ohio State's best win and i'm pretty sure Tennessee didn't lose on their own field like Ohio State did.

Reactions: VolGirl05
I really do believe Tennessee has earned the 5th spot. Beating Bama and LSU and the only 2 losses both to current top 20 teams. Tennessee's best win is better than Ohio State's best win and i'm pretty sure Tennessee didn't lose on their own field like Ohio State did.
Disagree. We have two losses. They have one. Both have beaten two top 25 teams. We have beaten the 6th and 14th. They have beaten the 8th and 21st. That margin difference in big wins doesn't overcome one loss versus two.

I always hear them (like Danny BS Kanell) say that it’s a reset every week too. In that case, get South Carolina up there! I say go back to the BCS model. Computers have no bias. Math is one of the few constants in this world.

The BCS still had a human element to it because part of it was made up from voting polls. Additionally, the formula was tweaked multiple times over the years because humans wanted it changed. It’s never that simple.

I we played Bama 12 times this year we would probably lose 11 of them. They are years ahead of us in recruiting. That what makes this year's win so much sweeter. It's all for nothing if they make it in though! GBO
I keep seeing these “if” arguments. FACT is, we beat Alabama and we beat the 3 loss team they couldn’t beat. And we beat Vanderbilt by a larger margin since that’s a common opponent as well. Tennessee deserves to be ahead of Alabama no matter how you look at it.

If recency trumps everything else, why play September and October's schedules?
Recency is only mentioned when someone is getting screwed.
Let's just play 4 games in Nov. and set the playoffs from that.

The 12 team playoff cannot get here fast enough for me.
And I am so thankful to be angry about our playoff ranking after it being irrelevant to us for SO long!

I don't think any of the top 3 teams will miss the playoff, but USC might be replaced by Ohio State if they lose.

VN Store

Back