Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the coaches are waiting until AFTER ESD to stir things up with DBs. If they bring in DB transfers now, some of our 6 DB recruits might look elsewhere.

If the coaches decide the freshmen aren't ready to play next year, then they may add some transfers. It will be interesting to watch how it all unfolds by next spring.

Plus we need the existing DBs on roster to play for the bowl so we can't git shirt anyone yet either to make additional room.

The bulk of our defensive portal work will happen post ESD or after the bowl.

With as much attention this forum gives nails you all should really consider cosmetology school
I considered it. Won the award in the class I took in high school. Teacher was upset I chose to go to college. After careful inspection of his nail job with my qualifications, I do not like his at all.

It's not really hypothetical when our baseball team and fanbase got scolded because of one middle finger.

And before you get started, pointing out hypocracy does not make one a victim. I don't care about what Williams did just like I didn't care about our baseball team's attitude. What I do find ridiculous is the media framing our team like classless punks, and then framing Williams like a competitor with an edge.
Well said

Hypothetical? We had 2 players flogged in the press for momentary lapses of caution. He premeditated and chose this, and yet he is lauded. Surely you see the difference. Unless you just don’t want to.
For anyone to argue hypocrisy, they'd need to show that the same media members that flogged our players also gave him the award and/or a pass. Otherwise, it's a bit of a broad brush fallacy.

Reactions: bignewt
Agree, but every O-line struggles with UGA. The moment got to him a little bit. He did not help the situation by holding onto the ball too long. He needed to make quicker decisions and not hang onto Tillman as his security blanket. As good as HH is, he has flaws that will get coached up at the next level. He waits too long for guys to get wide open before throwing. He needed to trust them coming out of their breaks and let it fly. Missed a lot of open windows when you rewatch game film. He missed Bru and the TE's being open and uncovered frequently all season. It's picky, but at the next level he will not have the luxury to wait or not read coverages well. The pass rush will be like UGA's in nearly every game and the coverage will be tighter.

I am thrilled with HH, one of my all time favorite Vols. Just being real. The GOAT laid an egg against Memphis. So there's that.
One thing about Tennessee, we have more ( keeping it real ) fans than any other team!!

He is an author/speaker by nature so he has a natural ability to make material jump off the page. He also spares nothing when it comes to research and information gathering. The end result is a very captivating, relatable and easy to consume long-form history lesson. He's a great story teller.
That sounds awesome! Will check it out and tell my son. I love reading historical fiction. Just finished Romanov Empress and learned a lot. Sounds like I would love this.

Reactions: BigSteve09
He is an author/speaker by nature so he has a natural ability to make material jump off the page. He also spares nothing when it comes to research and information gathering. The end result is a very captivating, relatable and easy to consume long-form history lesson. He's a great story teller.
Also, my son’s 6th grade history teacher was gifted in telling the story. He would jump on the desk and act like he was sword fighting on a ship, etc. My aunt was the principal and walked by and looked in one day. She said my son had his mouth open he was listening so intently. If only all history teachers were as captivating. Maybe some of these can be shared to get their attention.

I can't wait to get to those...listened to "The Celtic Apocalypse" last week, and just got to the halfway point of "Supernova in the East".

Looking at these extreme historical things in hindsight you always wonder how it got to those points, but when you really study cause and effect..most of the time it seems they were almost always inevitable.
There is another one about the Eastern Front in WW2 that's downright chilling (no pun intended) at times.

If you look up all his different series that he did, you can find some sites that stream full episodes still (from when they were all free).

My favorites:
Blueprint for Armageddon - WW1
Wrath of the Khans - Mongolians
Ghosts of the Ostfront - WW2 Eastern Front
Supernova in the East - WW2 Pacific Front
Kings of Kings - History of Mesopotamia and Persian Empire

hard to pick a bad series or episode though

Also, my son’s 6th grade history teacher was gifted in telling the story. He would jump on the desk and act like he was sword fighting on a ship, etc. My aunt was the principal and walked by and looked in one day. She said my son had his mouth open he was listening so intently. If only all history teachers were as captivating. Maybe some of these can be shared to get their attention.
You have to have a knack for the dramatic if you're going to be a good historian.

I gotta add McGee and Pickens to that....plus a little known or remembered sparkplug named Craig Faulkner...that guy was 3rd down, critical catch, money in the bank until his last game as a Vol. He was hugely important to his teams operation.
McGee was a little bit before my time; Pickens and Faulkner, loved both of those guys, especially Pickens. Pickens may be the greatest athlete that's ever come through Knoxville. He and Marcus Nash are in the tier right after those top guys of Kent, Price, and now Hyatt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back