Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
493 miles divided by 8 hours equals 61.25 mph

Slow plane, bullet train, mid engine Vette mane!

Really not too far nor too fast to drive it…
You have to consider traffic going ALL the way across the LA basin from the coast to the other side of the mountains...plus gas/whatever stops...plus 395 is two lane for long stretches and you have to go through several small towns eith stop and go traffic.

You are not driving from Long Beach to Tahoe in 8 hours no matter what goofy Google maps says.

I think the coaches are waiting until AFTER ESD to stir things up with DBs. If they bring in DB transfers now, some of our 6 DB recruits might look elsewhere.

If the coaches decide the freshmen aren't ready to play next year, then they may add some transfers. It will be interesting to watch how it all unfolds by next spring.
That’s what I was thinking.

I can't wait to get to those...listened to "The Celtic Apocalypse" last week, and just got to the halfway point of "Supernova in the East".

Looking at these extreme historical things in hindsight you always wonder how it got to those points, but when you really study cause and effect..most of the time it seems they were almost always inevitable.
What is “The Celtic Apocalypse”like? I may start there. Or is there something else I should do first?

For anyone to argue hypocrisy, they'd need to show that the same media members that flogged our players also gave him the award and/or a pass. Otherwise, it's a bit of a broad brush fallacy.
Or maybe show that the ones that voted for him did not defend our players when they were flogged by others. Because no one actually did.

McGee was a little bit before my time; Pickens and Faulkner, loved both of those guys, especially Pickens. Pickens may be the greatest athlete that's ever come through Knoxville. He and Marcus Nash are in the tier right after those top guys of Kent, Price, and now Hyatt.
You're right about Pickens, if I'm not mistaken he got an Int in every game he played at Safety

Or maybe show that the ones that voted for him did not defend our players when they were flogged by others. Because no one actually did.
Not trying to be argumentative, but that would be a different discussion, no? It would have to enforce an ethic that they were duty-bound to weigh in and defend.

If we're talking hypocrisy, and the actions of the object were silence on both sides, then there is no hypocrisy as I see it.

Thoughts?

I want to to thank whichever of you morons it was that recommended Dan Carlins Hardcore History podcast a long time ago.

I've been listening to "Supernova in the East" for a few days and it is spectacularly good. I love his style.

Supernova in the East and his Blueprint for Armageddon series are absolutely tremendous. I've been listening to his pods for a long time. When you are following in real time, it seems forever between some of them, but well worth the wait.

I think the coaches are waiting until AFTER ESD to stir things up with DBs. If they bring in DB transfers now, some of our 6 DB recruits might look elsewhere.

If the coaches decide the freshmen aren't ready to play next year, then they may add some transfers. It will be interesting to watch how it all unfolds by next spring.
Yea, but if they wait too long then you're not getting the best quality out of the portal...AP discussed that on one of the pods

I'm just representing the minority in here. I take my licks for it but I just find it juvenile and stupid people care about fingernails and make that an argument against nomination for a football award.

In essence I agree with you. We can't laud our Baseball teams cowboy, let it all hang out culture, and then go all Pharisee on Caleb Williams.

He could very well be a no class punk, and be a very crappy person with no integrity, but him putting that on his fingernails doesn't equal that.

A lot of people elsewhere hate Drew Gilbert and think he is a punk, but we know better.

For anyone to argue hypocrisy, they'd need to show that the same media members that flogged our players also gave him the award and/or a pass. Otherwise, it's a bit of a broad brush fallacy.
List the specific ones that HAVE called him out. The “pass” is the deafening silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back