Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to consider traffic going ALL the way across the LA basin from the coast to the other side of the mountains...plus gas/whatever stops...plus 395 is two lane for long stretches and you have to go through several small towns eith stop and go traffic.

You are not driving from Long Beach to Tahoe in 8 hours no matter what goofy Google maps says.

Okay. I could make it…
Rent us a mid engine Vette and let’s go!
Would be fun to try 😎

Lol...he looks about 30.
This! Now being involved in hs ball, and the trend of holding kids back based on sports, you are seeing more and more college age kids in hs. It's bs as far as i'm concerned. Makes for impressive pics and stats, but when ya find out a kids/dudes age, you're like "oh, no wonder...".
Just my .02

This! Now being involved in hs ball, and the trend of holding kids back based on sports, you are seeing more and more college age kids in hs. It's bs as far as i'm concerned. Makes for impressive pics and stats, but when ya find out a kids/dudes age, you're like "oh, no wonder...".
Just my .02

It happens in every sport. AAU basketball is full of 14-15 yo kids playing on 7th grade teams. It makes no sense because eventually they are going to age out. Does a college want a 20 yo freshman who already peaked against younger kids? Maybe I’m missing something. Still, it’s great for my son to develop his skills against the older kids.

Reactions: Devo182
It happens in every sport. AAU basketball is full of 14-15 yo kids playing on 7th grade teams. It makes no sense because eventually they are going to age out. Does a college want a 20 yo freshman who already peaked against younger kids? Maybe I’m missing something. Still, it’s great for my son to develop his skills against the older kids.
I've heard it's bad with AAU! Here, it's for wrestling mainly, in which most wrestlers play football as well around here. Just our hs team has several kids that technically should be in college, but were held back, not for academics, but for sports, and there's always a loophole to keep them eligible.

Reactions: volinokc
How about transfer players can't receive NIL at their next school? They would eliminate more transfers, , keep players at their current school, and less tampering. They don't want to be there? Cool, enjoy not getting paid elsewhere.

Yeah, coaches can say, "we will still pay you" but that comes with sanctions if caught.

Can’t be limiting or cutting NIL like that. His idea was just about finding a way to positively effect the amount of players in the portal while having NIL be exactly like it is now.

Go to DanCarlin.com to check out, buy and download, or you can hear a few of his long-form podcasts on his YouTube Channel...which is just his name.

My advice is go to YT and listen to "The Celtic Apocalypse" which is about Julius Caesar obliterating the Gauls and their culture in the Gallic Wars. It is only 6ish hours in total and will give you a good sample to see how you like him.

Is he related to George Carlin? Because I think a George Carlin spin on history would be hilarious 😂

How about transfer players can't receive NIL at their next school? They would eliminate more transfers, , keep players at their current school, and less tampering. They don't want to be there? Cool, enjoy not getting paid elsewhere.

Yeah, coaches can say, "we will still pay you" but that comes with sanctions if caught.

And then coaches can't leave for another school and get paid either.

Fact is the NCAA cannot restrict what a kid makes on his own through endorsements. Just like it goes for the other 99.999999% of Americans.

Reactions: Glitch and VFLBerg
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back