This Offense

Ha. I'd like to see Joe succeed here. Get him a LOT of pressure/collapsing pocket drills. workshop his outs and progression bail when the pocket collapses.

then - let him experience how fast and powerful a runner he actually is. workshop transitioning to a run (broken play).

then - help him reprogram his short throws... so that he doesn't hurt someone.. hahahah.. 1/2 of Keyton's drops were balls that had broken the sound barrier.

I think he really could be... unbelievably, record breakingly good. but... we'd like to shore up the fundamental stuff that is behind in development.

Not the same and it’s clear Milton’s not the man, ready for Nico.

LOL

68%
3 td’s no turnovers
251 pass yards
With a TON of players missing

Tennessee just played Clemson
Tennessee just beat the #7 team in the country
Tennessee just scored 31 on a really good team with a good defensive

however it’s CLEAR Milton is not the man for Tennessee? Really? Maybe if Tennessee had a full roster they could have beaten Clemson by more and maybe scored more. Maybe just maybe if Tennessee had a full and loaded roster they could destroy easier teams……..even with Joe……..maybe.

For now LOWLY Vol fans have to live with a 17 point margin Orange Bowl win over Clemson.

LOL

68%
3 td’s no turnovers
251 pass yards
With a TON of players missing

Tennessee just played Clemson
Tennessee just beat the #7 team in the country
Tennessee just scored 31 on a really good team with a good defensive

however it’s CLEAR Milton is not the man for Tennessee? Really? Maybe if Tennessee had a full roster they could have beaten Clemson by more and maybe scored more. Maybe just maybe if Tennessee had a full and loaded roster they could destroy easier teams……..even with Joe……..maybe.

For now LOWLY Vol fans have to live with a 17 point margin Orange Bowl win over Clemson.

... and did so without our top two receivers and SEC Offensive Player of the Year QB. This was an excellent team win, one in which Milton played well against an excellent defense and ACC champion opponent.

I don't think the game has ever slowed down for Joe yet , but when/if it does , he'll be a highlight reel machine. A handful of throws he made today were elite level. A few were just bad. Hope he can start putting full games together next season.

I thought Joe played well tonight. Really nice touch on the deep ball. He missed a 3rd down to Keyton by throwing low but I thought he handled himself well out there.

Has to get better in the pocket but let’s be honest, besides mop up duty and Vandy, he had very little reps and Clemson’s defense is solid. 31 is nothing to sneeze at. I like what him and Squirrel have developed. That throw to Bru for the first TD….that’s an NFL throw.

I trust the staff to develop him and I think he’ll surprise people next year.

Looks like I got twittered, can’t express your thoughts on this site it appears, big brothers watching
You can't say it is "big brother". You posted a very unpopular post and got called out for it. Big brother would have been Freak permabanning the account for it. Don't post something inflammatory and expect to get congratulations for it. I have stated it several times, this is exactly the type of post SEC shorts was poking fun at.

I am not convinced Milton starts every game next year. There is much improvement required if we win 10 or 11 games again. I believe Heuple and staff are great developers. They are patient and have high expectations. Joe Milton is our QB going into 23. I have some doubts like many of you. BUT, I like how Joe is haughty with his body language yet very humble with his words. He is all about this team, his team. He does not take credit and easily spreads it out to his teammates.

He is not the best quarterback in the room in most situations but he will always be the most respected by his teammates. People will play their hearts out for him. He will miss some throws, take sacks and not steamroll some defenders like he should. And he will make those around him Believe. He will encourage. He will LEAD! That is so important in today’s environment. How hard are Bru and Squirrel going to work this off season? They see the chance of a lifetime coming up. Keyton will be a much improved receiver because he must improve his game and draft status. Tight end play will be awesome once again. Wright and Small will alternate 100 plus yard games. It will never be as exciting as it was this year because we never expected it to be this good. This year was as fun as 98. We will improve all around.

We saw a much improved Joe in this game. And the opponent wasn’t Vandy. Clemson’s defense is not Georgia or Alabama type Ds this year but they have some ballers. Joe didn’t turn the ball over. He was patient maybe too patient at times. He didn’t get us into trouble. He made some great throws. He missed on a few. We need a great O-Line to set up success in the run game then the deep balls will be open and 15-20 yard plays will be the bread and butter. I see a stronger running attack early next season then you will see a much improved Joe wowing people with the strongest arm in football. And with our returning D Line, Beasley and a better secondary we won’t have to score 49 points to be in the game. Nine wins will be a very solid season. If we get the breaks, then 10-11 is probable. Be patient. Great recruiting classes are lining up. There will be ups, downs and some set backs along the way. 95-98 were some wonderful years. 2008-2020 were not very fun to watch. As Coach said, the best is yet to come. Support our guys. Stay positive. Recruits read message boards. And at the end of the day, it’s just football. Read the Bible more than you read Volnation and I promise you your perspective will be much clearer.

Thanks for a great season. It was fun to watch, talk about and see orange shirts come out of fair weather fans’ closets. Our team has regained respect with a Top 5 finish. I hope our fans continue to realize it’s great to be a Tennessee Vol. Us old guys understand where we have been and can see where we are going. Don’t expect a Natty next year yet plan to be in the battle for one. GO BIG ORANGE!

VN Store

Back