Get ready to be underwhelmed

Drift back in time and remember the Butch OL's that were so weak that 3rd down and a foot meant having to pass because there was no way they could get enough push to get it on the ground.

Then came Cornbread and waking up to discover he and his wife were delivering McDonald's Happy Meals and thoughts that things just couldn't get worse. It was about the time Cornbread was fired and Fulmer resigned that some astute poster said "that it's always darkest just before dawn". Since the dark days of Jan 2021, look at the successes of our Base Vols, Basket Vols, and now our 8-0 Gridiron Vols. This is a fanbase that endured a lot of pain and is hungry for success. With the current coaches and what seems to be finally a steady, capable administration and athletic dept, the Vols are trending in the right direction again.

I'm sorry those people gave you ****. I'm pretty certain it wasn't me. Maybe go find them and give them a hard time. Before today, I think I only have 2 posts in this thread, and they're both positive. Not sure why you're so mad that I think attacking other Vols is a bad use of time.
You take yourself a lot more serious than you should if you think you’ve made me mad. I pretty much never get mad here. I enjoy jousting.

And in that vein people deserve to eat words like those.

Drift back in time and remember the Butch OL's that were so weak that 3rd down and a foot meant having to pass because there was no way they could get enough push to get it on the ground.

Then came Cornbread and waking up to discover he and his wife were delivering McDonald's Happy Meals and thoughts that things just couldn't get worse. It was about the time Cornbread was fired and Phil Paycheck was given the option of resigning or being fired that some astute poster said "that it's always darkest just before dawn". Since the dark days of Jan 2021, look at the successes of our Base Vols, Basket Vols, and now our 8-0 Gridiron Vols. This is a fanbase that endured a lot of pain and is hungry for success. With the current coaches and what seems to be finally a steady, capable administration and athletic dept, the Vols are trending in the right direction again.

FYP. ;);)

You take yourself a lot more serious than you should if you think you’ve made me mad. I pretty much never get mad here. I enjoy jousting.

And in that vein people deserve to eat words like those.
LOL I don't post as much as I used to, but back in the day you and I would have some serious disagreements at times and then have each others back the next. Funny how that works.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and sjt18
Honestly, I also think the old bumps are kind of gross. People are allowed to change their minds over the course of 2+ years. If you want to celebrate our success, go screw around on twitter or troll another team's message board. Were some of us wrong? Sure. Pretty much everyone who posts here regularly has said something that wouldn't hold up though, and while we're in the midst of what may be our greatest season ever, I'd rather spend time gloating over other fans instead of gloating over other Tennessee fans. This is a message board, not a court of law. We don't need to enforce, "consequences."

Got it.... so you are good with CPF taking back the Pruitt hire and players demanding that we forget missed tackles and fumbles? When there is zero value add to a program ALL actions are in play for judgement. That post button can be your friend if you let it.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC

You were not wrong, I tempered my expectations as a person who said I didn't want a HC. That's knowing everyone, including TN Is gonna do it traditionally. But, hey what's the deal with history, if it says you've screwed up again!?

Regardless, one has to give props to be what's happened to this day. You're #3, playing #1, at their place, with some calling it the game o go the century. Win or lose, they still considered it that.

Who makes smart aleck, negative pre-judgments and then hopes that the euphoria of celebrating will cover up what they did?

Don't want to face the consequences... then keep these kinds of declarations between you and your pet fish.

You carried water for Dooley for years. Everyone that message boards gets things wrong.

Last edited:
His post was clearly not about results but whether we would pull a coveted coach.
No it wasn't. Anyone that knows him and his history knows exactly what that post was about and he was wrong.

He's a quality poster and obviously has you fooled. No one in their right mind ever expects us to make anything other than an underwhelming hire so why in the world would someone like him (quality poster) start a thread with such a dumb prediction? I'd tell you but you already know.

No it wasn't. Anyone that knows him and his history knows exactly what that post was about and he was wrong.

He's a quality poster and obviously has you fooled. No one in their right mind ever expects us to make anything other than an underwhelming hire so why in the world would someone like him (quality poster) start a thread with such a dumb prediction? I'd tell you but you already know.
No, there was a ton of noise/speculation about Franklin and the Iowa State guy. It was on Twitter too. Not just here. Those guys would have “won the press conference.” Thankfully, things turned out the way they did, but after we hired Danny White there was a lot of optimism that we were going to hit a nationally perceived home run.

No, there was a ton of noise/speculation about Franklin and the Iowa State guy. It was on Twitter too. Not just here. Those guys would have “won the press conference.” Thankfully, things turned out the way they did, but after we hired Danny White there was a lot of optimism that we were going to hit a nationally perceived home run.
How did all that work out?

tenor (18).gif

Reactions: Jeff Clark
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC

Ouch

Gotta suck for the OP to read that one this morning 😁

Thankfully, things turned out the way they did, but after we hired Danny White there was a lot of optimism that we were going to hit a nationally perceived home run.

Well, two years after having a 3-win season, with 3 different starting QBs, in which we lost 30 transfers to the portal that included numerous starters, and under the threat of NCAA investigation.... we're 8-0, with the #1 offense in the country, currently sit at #2 in the Polls with our fingers crossed that we'll be the top seed when the CFP rankings are announced, have a leading Heisman candidate, and in control of or destiny to win a Natty. So I'd say Danny did hit a homerun.

In fact, I'd say he hit a Game 7 walk-off Grand Slam where the ball crashes through the window of nearby bowling alley, rolls up a lane for a strike and then takes your Mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never calls again Home-F'n-Run of a hire.

And if some of the "this guy is def. going to fail" NegaVols had texted a friend instead of trying to one-up the other NegaVols on how much they could $hit on the program, coach, AD, players, the color orange, and everything and anything else remotely related, they wouldn't be getting the big ole' steaming plates of crow served up right now. But they didn't do that. So F 'em. They're welcome back on the bandwagon now that things are rolling again, but only AFTER a few of us that grew tired of their constant bellyaching drop off the plates.

So Eat Up. Nom, Nom, Nom.

1. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    What if this was all just a scheme by White to get a shmuck school to pay Heupel’s buyout?
  2. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    Hasn’t come from ucf side though has it? I’m still hoping beyond hope that White deals in disinformation
  3. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    Give me random Volnation poster and let us call plays via Twitter poll
  4. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    Good to know. Sounds right. They always try to spin it like the pick was the first choice.
  5. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    “I can win a National Championship at Tennessee...let me call the unproven coordinator who was runner up when I hired Josh Heupel.”
  6. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    Heupel was a horrible hire.
  7. Truce....
    Resorting to Heupel after only 4 days on the job means White is lazy, arrogant, or both.
  8. Recruiting Forum Football Talk III
    Mood: mehupel
  9. Inside the Numbers - UCF 2019 and 2020
    He greatly improved a program. Heupel was wrecking one.
  10. Inside the Numbers - UCF 2019 and 2020
    In no universe is Heupel a better hire than Chadwell (who is from east Tennessee and currently making 375 K and wasn't contacted-not sure if any of that's been mentioned).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back