Get ready to be underwhelmed

It wasn't a home run hire.

It was in inside the park home run hire.

Still digging, huh?

giphy.gif

No errors on the play so an inside the park home run is still considered a home run on the stat sheet 🤷‍♂️
True. Difference is one you see coming and the other you don't. Sums up the Heupel hire pretty well. Most didn't see it as a "splash" or "home run" hire at first, myself included. Last season was a step in the right direction and this year showed it was a home run hire. Pretty sure no UT fan is sitting around pissed off right now about the hire which makes the previous posters flex pretty weird.

True. Difference is one you see coming and the other you don't. Sums up the Heupel hire pretty well. Most didn't see it as a "splash" or "home run" hire at first, myself included. Last season was a step in the right direction and this year showed it was a home run hire. Pretty sure no UT fan is sitting around pissed off right now about the hire which makes the previous posters flex pretty weird.

70a.png

With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
giphy.gif

With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
So tell me, How do you feel now? :cool:

Reactions: Lekvolrrah

Where are you at dude?

This thread just reminds me of the bad old days when trolls, negavols, and gleeful fans of our rivals out-numbered and out-shouted good Tennessee fans on these boards, making every thread a misery.

Luckily, the worm began to turn within a few months after Count Volcula spewed this one out of his gullet.

Go Vols!
I've only been around since early 2020 and tons of the negative nancies just completely vanished when good things happened!

Same with covid too. There were "vol fans" that said "players will die if they play!" "They'll be sorry!"

Gone forever when they were proven wrong.

Go back to post #1 and click on the LIKES. An interesting study.

Hmm..you know this is a bumped post from 2 years ago right?

VN has a memory that rivals that of a woman. Nothing is ever forgotten. It's just put away for a period of time, but when the opportunity presents, like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, it's brought back to life.

I was lukewarm about the hire. I was skeptical Heupel's offense could operate at this level of football. Heupel's offense came through for him and us.
Wish I could say I was "lukewarm". I'm still embarrassed by my comments about Heupel after he was hired. I've made a lot of awful posts on this board, but that one is at the top of my pile of shame. And after the year he just recorded, it's even more shameful. Probably should ban or at least ignore myself.

Wish I could say I was "lukewarm". I'm still embarrassed by my comments about Heupel after he was hired. I've made a lot of awful posts on this board, but that one is at the top of my pile of shame. And after the year he just recorded, it's even more shameful. Probably should ban or at least ignore myself.
Nah. Self awareness is the cure. I was pretty obnoxious defending Butch and Pruitt at the beginning. On this one I wasn’t wowed, but I waited for actual reality. I always stump for a proper vetting period. The shortest leash I had was for Zo. But that was more the result of him following a dynamic personality in Bruce Pearl.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. You were not alone…just say you were swept up in the malaise from the Pruitt fiasco.

As for me I was firmly undecided - optimistic by nature but afraid to get my hopes up.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. You were not alone…just say you were swept up in the malaise from the Pruitt fiasco.

As for me I was firmly undecided - optimistic by nature but afraid to get my hopes up.
I was underwhelmed but quiet. Hopeful he would turn out well but tired of handing out loyalty blindly.

Heup has more than earned that loyalty at this point.

VN Store

Back