Terrible, horrific product

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
I’m not talking about the basketball team. I’m talking about the dreadful, embarrassing, incompetent bozos that are called officials.

How has this continued? How daft is the NCAA that this once great product, an American staple of sports and entertainment, has now become unwatchable because of shoddy, blowhard officials who can barely get up and down the court and have the vision of a bat?

They’ve ruined the sport. There are other issues. I get it. But I watched this game and wasn’t entertained. I didn’t enjoy this. I didn’t think “wow what a fun game between two potential Final Four teams”. No. I had to watch 78 FREE THROWS IN A 40 MINUTE GAME and watch these morons call everything under the sun. This isn’t even anything against Purdue. I don’t think this was rigged. Referees are this idiotic and greedy and selfish that they want to ruin a once fun product. And the impotent NCAA, while TV ratings plummet, sits idly by and lets this injustice happen.

College basketball is ruined.

I’m not talking about the basketball team. I’m talking about the dreadful, embarrassing, incompetent bozos that are called officials.

How has this continued? How daft is the NCAA that this once great product, an American staple of sports and entertainment, has now become unwatchable because of shoddy, blowhard officials who can barely get up and down the court and have the vision of a bat?

They’ve ruined the sport. There are other issues. I get it. But I watched this game and wasn’t entertained. I didn’t enjoy this. I didn’t think “wow what a fun game between two potential Final Four teams”. No. I had to watch 78 FREE THROWS IN A 40 MINUTE GAME and watch these morons call everything under the sun. This isn’t even anything against Purdue. I don’t think this was rigged. Referees are this idiotic and greedy and selfish that they want to ruin a once fun product. And the impotent NCAA, while TV ratings plummet, sits idly by and lets this injustice happen.

We sucked , same old Vols long scoring droughts crappy shooting no discipline. Edey Sat most of second half and we couldn’t win

The game just felt random.

And it’s not as if we got the short end of the stick. It’s like both teams did.

Yeah, it was both teams getting hit by the horrible officiating. The game didn't seem like it got into a flow or second gear due to the foul calls. I would have said that whoever got the win.

There were a lot of issues. Fouling out Awaka in that manner was clownishly bad. It really hurt us.

The worst was Edey regularly spending 8+ seconds in the lane and zero 3 second calls.

Wilt standing under the basket and dominating is why they widened the lane and made 3 seconds a thing. It's impossible to deal with someone who is 7'4 if he doesn't have to leave the paint.

There were a lot of issues. Fouling out Awaka in that manner was clownishly bad. It really hurt us.

The worst was Edey regularly spending 8+ seconds in the lane and zero 3 second calls.

Wilt standing under the basket and dominating is why they widened the lane and made 3 seconds a thing. It's impossible to deal with someone who is 7'4 if he doesn't have to leave the paint.

It's up to Barnes to call 3 seconds to the attention of the officials--and maybe he did, don't know. We don't see 3 seconds called much at all anymore--it's almost like officials have stopped calling it, period.

Great save Purdue! Just when you thought you knocked it out of bounds, you make an illusionary save and push it up the court and score!

View attachment 597266

I saw this on my tv with a beer in my hand while talking on the phone and scrolling through X! How can you miss this?!??

It's up to Barnes to call 3 seconds to the attention of the officials--and maybe he did, don't know. We don't see 3 seconds called much at all anymore--it's almost like officials have stopped calling it, period.
The entire bench and staff were screaming and motioning to the official on that one play in the 1st ½ ... Ref just stood there with wood in hand. It's not being called anymore.

At last year's college baseball playoffs at UT the NCAA controlled the announcements during the game. One of the first was that refs/umps are exiting the profession 4X the rate of those coming in. So, there are fewer really good ones to choose from. It goes all the way down to travel ball, and I have heard often they are exiting the lower age groups because of parent conduct, etc.

VN Store

Back