'21 Temple Transfer CB Jalen McMurray (Tennessee)

HoleInTheRoof

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

McMurray joined the Owls in 2021 after graduating from Gonzaga College High School in Washington D.C.

After redshirting his freshman season, McMurray earned a single digit in his first full year as a starter, making him the first freshman since defensive back Sean Chandler in 2014 to earn the honor. He was named a second-team freshman All-American after notching 49 tackles and an interception in the Cherry and White in 2022.

McMurray earned a single digit again in 2023, where he made 38 tackles but didn’t record an interception, in his second season as a starter.

Last edited:
I must be missing why this a boom-worthy addition, other than the fact that we need warm bodies in the secondary. When I look at these stats, I’m far more concerned than I am impressed, especially since he seemed to be better in 2022 than in 2023. Please, someone who understands this transfer better than I do, explain to me why we’re booming here.
1704829271065.png

Reactions: Peyton_ManThing
I must be missing why this a boom-worthy addition, other than the fact that we need warm bodies in the secondary. When I look at these stats, I’m far more concerned than I am impressed, especially since he seemed to be better in 2022 than in 2023. Please, someone who understands this transfer better than I do, explain to me why we’re booming here.
View attachment 608514
Not sure how one can gather based off stats if a CB is good or not…pff would probably be a better website to use for that or actual game film

Likely depth player. Bet we didn’t have to pay. Being at a sec school with a coach he previously knew was probably enough to get him on board if I had to guess. Not a bad pickup.
Two years of D1 starting experience and really wants to be here. You're probably right about very little(or none at all) NIL money. Apparently was a team and locker room leader at Temple. I'm just fine with this.

VN Store

Back