Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

White also has a knack for using coaching searches to weed out snitches. By telling "sources" different things, seeing what does and doesn't leak, then cutting those people off. He did it early in his tenure when he hire Heupel and the department has been pretty air tight since then. Wouldn't be shocked if he's done a little of that with the influential LV people.

So there are some big donors wearing stitches right now.

Unfortunately, my access is based on me trying to pester things out of someone who doesn’t want to run afoul of confidentiality, but also would like to tell. The “no’s” come from me asking, what about X, and him saying “no”. It’s literally that simple. As for process, he’s been speaking to agents for over a month. Obviously the firing was planned and the date chosen based on buyout terms. The search didn’t start the day after.
I agree. I have been hoping that there was some reaching out through back channels, and that responses were positive enough to follow through with the termination of CKJH

Becky Hammon is the only hire that would make me have to quickly sit down if I was standing when I heard the news because I might pass out. lol

In all seriousness, she’s the only name that would result in a “Holy sh!*, it’s ON, b!tches!” moment for me.

And then I’d be on the phone in a nanosecond calling sources to make sure it wasn’t a cruel joke.

Gosh. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? *sigh*

Becky Hammon is the only hire that would make me have to quickly sit down if I was standing when I heard the news because I might pass out. lol

In all seriousness, she’s the only name that would result in a “Holy sh!*, it’s ON, b!tches!” moment for me.

And then I’d be on the phone in a nanosecond calling sources to make sure it wasn’t a cruel joke.

Gosh. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? *sigh*
Hammon and Candace are the only 2 I can think of that I’m willing to sacrifice next season for, because I know they will get a top rated class in 25, anyone else needs to bring good players with them so we can compete next year.

I agree. I have been hoping that there was some reaching out through back channels, and that responses were positive enough to follow through with the termination of CKJH

Gee whiz. Lucky for the planners that Jewel and co. didn't hit a few more shots and then have Rickea lead the Lady Vols on a run to the Final Four through Stanford and Texas.

And then face SC for the 4th time. White and his big donor buddies would have needed several changes of drawers if that game came down to the wire again.

What I have learned today
1) Its Hammond or Gottlieb
2) Its Stephens from Marshall
3) we have been turned down multiple times by our top 3 candidates
4) we have an agreement with one of our top 3 candidates.
5) Dawn is probably gonna be the first corch in the SEC to try to play Trans.
Good summary.

Reactions: creekdipper
Gee whiz. Lucky for the planners that Jewel and co. didn't hit a few more shots and then have Rickea lead the Lady Vols on a run to the Final Four through Stanford and Texas.

And then face SC for the 4th time. White and his big donor buddies would have needed several changes of drawers if that game came down to the wire again.
Hi Kellie congrats on the natty but I made some back channel deals already so you’re fired. My bad…..

Reactions: creekdipper

VN Store

Back