Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

House|RockyTop

Last edited:
I’d ask the current players who they would want to be their new coach.

Reactions: brittannica
I’d ask the current players who they would want to be their new coach.
I disagree because most of them need to transfer out if we are to win and build a winning roster. Just get the recruits to stay committed and bring a coach that can bring elite players from their team and fill the rest of the roster through the portal.

Possibilities, not endorsements

Walz
Mitchell
Kara
Someone still coaching in the tournament

Can someone make sense of this.. why are posters pushing for the thread to be deleted? I am following the same posting guidelines and rules as every other poster. Yet a few posters on here are constantly attacking my posts and threads just because they disagree with free speech and difference of an opinion.

Can someone make sense of this.. why are posters pushing for the thread to be deleted? I am following the same posting guidelines and rules as every other poster. Yet a few posters on here are constantly attacking my posts and threads just because they disagree with free speech and difference of an opinion.
Not about you per se. It just this discussion is already happening on the Kellie harper fired thread and it is more conducive to discussion to have a common discussion in one thread versus being fragmented across several.
It is board etiquette not too start a new thread for an ongoing discussion....

If he asked a bunch of college kids who will be here 1-3 more years the names of coaches they want, then I’d be surprised and disappointed.
1. you don’t make long term decisions based on short term factors
2. College kids aren’t that smart yet, usually.
3. It’s a no win- if they name names and you don’t interview or hire their suggested coach, it could create resentment, lead to transfers if they don’t get their way. If he does hire the coach 1 or more players suggested, it looks like he caters to certain players, and again, could lead to tension.
4 He is the AD, and he has a staff and resources to vet candidates and make the right call. It’s his job and he’s accountable.

An athletic director of his caliber at a place like this asking players who they want to be their coach is just not a good decision and I am highly skeptical that White did this. He may have asked about the kind of coach they want to play for, which is different.

VN Store

Back