Recruiting Football Talk VII

How would NCAA enforce NIL limits when courts have already ruled against it? The employee and CBA part to lock kids in makes sense, but couldn't that be challenged too. I think this logic is so naive.
Curious what they would challenge. If an adult is signing a contract with a university.

I keep laughing about people thinking that if schools and the NCAA try to cap recruit pay. It sounds so nice, but we all know some program will just take it underground again. Hubbs loves to try and lean into this idea and glossing over the possibility that someone won't pay more for a particular recruit. If a guy like Nico is legit worth 5 million or 8 million today how the hell would he be worth some default rookie contract in a couple years?

Someone who loves this logic please help me make it make sense. I think all these idiots are about to do is add a salary on top of all the other crap.
The laws of the universe are irrefutable. People have been trying to make laws or rules that violate the laws of economics for eons and have failed every single time. In the dawning days of football people were aghast at the idea of giving players free tuition (even some players were paid cash money). Football was not a real money make anymore than high school football is today. It was good PR for the school and attracted students to enroll, therefore it was worth a little free tuition to players.
As the money went up so did the player's compensation. Football today is a multibillion dollar industry. On average $250,000 is generated by every FBS player. UT takes in around 2 million on each of its players. There is no way on God's green earth that all of that is going be kept out of the hands of the players.

Me and the wifey are flying to Dublin for the honeymoon today! Anyone of you morans been before?
You have to buy tickets ahead of time to do the Guinness Storehouse tour and it is worth it. All pubs have amazing food, drink, and some have live music. Highly recommend visiting a grocery store. I always find that fascinating on my international travel. M&S was particularly fun in Dublin.

And download an app called FreeNow to order all of your taxis…works like Uber or Lyft.

I have never heard of a beehive like that. So cool. Honeybees need to be protected at all costs.
True, I was commenting on the possibility that the bees find a way out of the hive and into the house. If anything can find a hole, a bee can (ask any bee keeper that THOUGHT they were fully protected). When robbing, they are orinary little beasts.

Now that players are no longer considered amateur, is it possible an NFL player that still has eligibility came back? Will limiting eligibility terms even still be lawful?

Will there be strikes? If they are employees, will they be affected by state freezing hires and other issues?

This is a whole new ballgame.

Now that players are no longer considered amateur, is it possible an NFL player that still has eligibility came back? Will limiting eligibility terms even still be lawful?

Will there be strikes? If they are employees, will they be affected by state freezing hires and other issues?

This is a whole new ballgame.
Dude Tenn had a safety back when Fulmer was coaching that played in the mlb minors before playing college…this has been going on for awhile so it’s nothing new

Reactions: SoilVol
I used to think Mozeliak was a good GM and was fortunate to have several brief interactions with him during my time working for the AAA affiliate in Memphis. Nice guy.

But I believe his time with the Cardinals has run its course and there needs to be change and fresh ideas.
No, no. He needs to stay. I like it when the Cardinals suck.

VN Store

Back