Other site Predictions for Vols week 1

Snakebrown13

Since we all love reading everyone else's picks so much, I thought I'd start a thread to dump any we find - here's my list so far:

Vegas: VOLS – 28-22.
Phil Steele: VOLS – 27-20.
TeamRankings: VOLS – 28-22.
NumberFire: Utah St. – 24-19.
FBSSchedules.com: VOLS – 41-24.

Fun fact: Dave Bartoo at CFBMatrix.com has his CFB Talent Rankings out – it’s a major factor of his 3 (TLC System) rankings used to project team success. The results:
No. 15 Tennessee
No. 109 Utah St.

...I guess that's why he was on the radio saying we blow them out.

Reactions: 4 people
We have been down in recent years, but even under Dooley I don't remember us losing to a non elite conference program. We lost to Wyoming fulmers last year I believe. Even during are roughest times it only happens once in a blue moon. For anyone to pick Utah st over us is absolutely crazy. Probably the same people who think we faked the moon landing

Reactions: 2 people
We have been down in recent years, but even under Dooley I don't remember us losing to a non elite conference program. We lost to Wyoming fulmers last year I believe. Even during are roughest times it only happens once in a blue moon. For anyone to pick Utah st over us is absolutely crazy. Probably the same people who think we faked the moon landing

There is a theory that is pretty popular among the kook crowd that Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing in Hollywood at the request of the US Government and that he felt guilty afterwards and confesses to it throughout his movie The Shining through some subliminal and not so subliminal messages and images.

Reactions: 3 people
The government staging an event and lying to us about it all for political agenda is wayyyy more believable than the Vols losing to Utah State, imo.

Reactions: 14 people

g1359320615258875929.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
We'll win comfortably and all the talking heads will say it's because Keeton is not the same QB because of his injury from last season. That's ok though...I'll take the 38-20 victory and let's move on the arky state.

Reactions: 5 people
There is a theory that is pretty popular among the kook crowd that Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing in Hollywood at the request of the US Government and that he felt guilty afterwards and confesses to it throughout his movie The Shining through some subliminal and not so subliminal messages and images.

tumblr_lzkmg9t6bv1r6ycrio1_500.gif

im-so-confused.gif

Reactions: 1 person

I watched the documentary about that. Pretty out there.

I think the biggest difference between Wyoming and UState (aside from the weight difference between CBJ and The Great Pumpkin) is that both the coach and team are in far better spirits and have a fire lit under their ass.

It's upsetting that 15th equates to 7th in the SEC in that talent poll

Well, don't be upset. Just gotta face the fact that we're playing with the big boys. Tighten that chinstrap, fill up that jockstrap and GEI IT ON!!!:aggressive::superman::boxing2::rock2::punch_bag:

Apologies to all who have clicked on this thread. I didn't mean to turn it into a moon landing discussion. Neat bit on the shining tho. Love how I learn something new every time I get on volnation. That said I think we win this game by three tds. Flicka you are right the team that lost to Wyoming was falling apart. This team is fired up and motivated.

UT wins, solid. It will not be a blow-out, but they win by 10. Young teams will cycle, be nearly unbeatable for a few series, then completely inept for a few series, following 'momentum'. The key is that leaders (J Worley, AJ Johnson, M Lane, C Maggitt, etc) keep the lows from hitting the floor.

I think the biggest difference between Wyoming and UState (aside from the weight difference between CBJ and The Great Pumpkin) is that both the coach and team are in far better spirits and have a fire lit under their ass.

What's the difference between Memphis and Utah St?

I don't think CFB matrix has that great of a track record vs their peers, do they?

VN Store

Back