Do you think we will see THIS again??

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
At GA?? :banghead2:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5153-blind-referees.png

Before the OK game, someone started a thread about how he felt like we were gonna get screwed by the ref's and he got flamed for it.

Turns out he was Nostradamus!

Was wondering if we would get reamed again by the zebras?

Don't Tazer me, just asking.

Reactions: 8 people
A better question would be: Has any fanbase ever been pleased with the refs after a loss?

I like the pic tho..:lolabove:

It does seem that my Vols have been on the short end of the stick since the Dooley debacle at LSU. Then again we must make our own breaks!

Reactions: 1 person

Before the OK game, someone started a thread about how he felt like we were gonna get screwed by the ref's and he got flamed for it.

Saw that already last week.....the Oklahoma/Tennessee officiating crew called the Denver/Seattle game Sunday.
:eek:lol:

24 points can't be blamed on the refs.

I could go probably play by play and find holds on both teams all over that weren't called. Most fanbases will remember the other bad calls and ignore them if it's a win. Part of the game imo.

he never said the refs were a 24 point difference. SMH. NegaVols!!

The people who go screwed by the refs in OU were the people betting on the UT side of the line in that game.

The final score COULD have been 27-17 or 27-20 which would have paid out UT way on the line.

I don't gamble and this game is a perfect reason why. I wouldn't have picked UT, but if I did, i would be very angry about the missed fumble call and the multiple holdings not called when OU scored on those plays.

18-22 year old kids behave erratically, REFS behave WAY more erratically.... I ain't betting on either of those groups.

Go Vols, BEAT GEORGIA INTO THE GROUND. HIT THEM HARD, MAKE THEM REMEMBER US

A better question would be: Has any fanbase ever been pleased with the refs after a loss?

From what I have seen all fan bases complain about officiating, but Tennessans make it an art form. Three or four years ago I visited home, Cannon County, with my son and watched a girls high school basketball game. He still talks about the fans to this day. Years before that I watched CC play at Meigs County in a sub state girls BB game and the deputy sheriff, with a pistol on his hip, charged onto the floor and started giving the refs hell.

See what? I don't see anything.

-Signed: Refs

Reactions: 2 people
No it didn't cost us the game. But the OU game was officiated horribly. It's not the 50/50 holding calls people are talking about. It's the fact that some were outrageous. Chock holds and tackles aside they held us all game long and the refs didn't call a single one until the 4th when it was in hand.

That being said i think it was an anomaly. Refs miss calls and make the wrong call all the time, usually it affects both teams rather similarly. I expect that to be how it goes saturday.

24 points can't be blamed on the refs.

I could go probably play by play and find holds on both teams all over that weren't called. Most fanbases will remember the other bad calls and ignore them if it's a win. Part of the game imo.

Worley and I would be surprised if you could find many plays when we actually got our hands on their DL. After a while I was hoping we'd hold them some.

From what I have seen all fan bases complain about officiating, but Tennessans make it an art form. Three or four years ago I visited home, Cannon County, with my son and watched a girls high school basketball game. He still talks about the fans to this day. Years before that I watched CC play at Meigs County in a sub state girls BB game and the deputy sheriff, with a pistol on his hip, charged onto the floor and started giving the refs hell.

hopefully the Deputy got fired

I believe those ref's had to attend and graduate from the Jerry Lawler wrestling ref school! :yahoo:

Someone mentioned that the same refs must have officiated the Broncos/Seahawks game. Seattle DB's mug the receivers every play. The NFL said that they would start calling more penalties on all the contact/holding past 5 yards and did during the preseason but once the season started they are not calling teams like Seattle for it. Some coaches know that the refs won't call hold after hold on every play so it's the war of attrition with the players usually winning. I remember the year that so many were called on the gators in our game and they just kept doing. The refs finally got tired of throwing the flag and just went with it.

It does seem that my Vols have been on the short end of the stick since the Dooley debacle at LSU. Then again we must make our own breaks!

It goes way further back than Dools. What about the Florida reception to beat us? The ball bounced off the WR's pads and hit the ground within 2 seconds and they called that a TD. I swear Tennessee is the only team that doesn't have a home field advantage.

It goes way further back than Dools. What about the Florida reception to beat us? The ball bounced off the WR's pads and hit the ground within 2 seconds and they called that a TD. I swear Tennessee is the only team that doesn't have a home field advantage.

that would be the "jabar gaffney no catch". i was there...worst call ever.

you can search youtube for "gaffney no catch" and watch it whenever you please. still makes me sick after all these years

The refs weren't a 24 point difference at Oklahoma.

not saying the refs are to blame, but you are ignorant if you think 1 play cannot turn the tides of a whole game. Go back a few years ago when we were down by a LOT to UGA and we blocked a punt in the endzone right before half---game COMPLETELY turned.

I don't blame the refs for the loss, but I saw 3 separate occasions where Barnett was obviously held. That being said I also saw us hold on one occasion and I believe I saw an O-lineman jump early once.

Go Vols

VN Store

Back