Do you think we will see THIS again??

The refs weren't a 24 point difference at Oklahoma.

Close. If the fumble would've been called, that would've taken 7 off and changed the complexity of the game and the play calling. To play the what if game, what if we got the fumble and scored. It's 14-13 OR 13-10. Totally different game at that point.

Also, how many drives would have been stopped and how many more times would we have gotten the ball, if the ref's had called only the more blatant holds OK committed?? JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Close. If the fumble would've been called, that would've taken 7 off and changed the complexity of the game and the play calling. To play the what if game, what if we got the fumble and scored. It's 14-13 OR 13-10. Totally different game at that point.

Unless Worley got blindsided again and fumbled on the next play. Anyone can play the what if game. There are numerous plays that were all the players' faults to blame that loss on, not the refs.

At GA?? :banghead2:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5153-blind-referees.png

Before the OK game, someone started a thread about how he felt like we were gonna get screwed by the ref's and he got flamed for it.

Turns out he was Nostradamus!

Was wondering if we would get reamed again by the zebras?

Don't Tazer me, just asking.

I hope they don't see any holding because our o line sure could use a free pass.

that would be the "jabar gaffney no catch". i was there...worst call ever.

you can search youtube for "gaffney no catch" and watch it whenever you please. still makes me sick after all these years

Thank you sir for reminding me of that horrid call and now for ruining my lunch...proceed

I was at the game and didn't see any replays. Was the fumble call that bad? What did the guys in the booth say about it?

It does seem that my Vols have been on the short end of the stick since the Dooley debacle at LSU. Then again we must make our own breaks!

there have been bad calls that have cost the Vols over the years, especially against Florida. Remember the catch that wasnt a catch in 00'?

The Gaffney NO-catch was bad, but letting them drive all the way down the field was worse, and not picking up the 1st down before the punt was worse than that.

I knew when UT didn't get the 1st down that we were screwed.

The Gaffney play was really just the icing on that turd cake that was the last 2-3 minutes of that game.

I was at the game and didn't see any replays. Was the fumble call that bad? What did the guys in the booth say about it?

If you can control the ball with your elbow, it wasn't a fumble. Horrible call, and the review confirming was even worse. If that was control, pig had way more of it in last year's Georgia game.

that would be the "jabar gaffney no catch". i was there...worst call ever.

you can search youtube for "gaffney no catch" and watch it whenever you please. still makes me sick after all these years

I was able to google it. No way that's a catch, thought so then and i think so now. What a D line though, Overstreet, Henderson, haynesworth.
The refs did kill us last week, but not having Von hurt us also. His ability to turn worley's short to medium passes into big gains is half the offense.

The Gaffney NO-catch was bad, but letting them drive all the way down the field was worse, and not picking up the 1st down before the punt was worse than that.

I knew when UT didn't get the 1st down that we were screwed.

The Gaffney play was really just the icing on that turd cake that was the last 2-3 minutes of that game.

Yeah, and people act like the Gaffney non-catch was on 4th down. It was 2nd & goal. They would have had another play anyway and then an easy field goal to send it into OT.

The story of that game for me was also how they couldn't put it away and just let them drive down at the field at the end. Fulmer always tried to give away the Florida game. Even in 2001, when we clearly outplayed them, we let them come back and it come down to a failed 2 point conversion. Ridiculous.

All that said, the call still bugs me. No one could consider that a catch.

If you can control the ball with your elbow, it wasn't a fumble. Horrible call, and the review confirming was even worse. If that was control, pig had way more of it in last year's Georgia game.

What were the announcers saying about it?

I recall UT being the recipient of the zebras' "help" back in our heyday. The conference holds a preference for a couple of teams slated for national prominence, and Slive, et al removed our guys from the list when CPF's teams fell from grace. Bammer's going to get the close ones over most other teams all around the conference, and UF and UGA are going to catch the league's graces in the east. Living in South Carolina and not at all liking the chickens, I still have to admit Spurrier's guys tend to get the ugly end of most calls, too. Start vying for the NC crown a couple of years in a row, and maybe the flags will fly more in the other direction. I expect deaf, dumb and blind zebras in Athens this Saturday. 'Loved the thread OP. Go V

I used to think Dooley was cursed with all the crazy game ends he had. I now realize we were just blessed.

Officiating in the OK game was sub par, at best. Not just in Tennessee games but in many I've watched. Officiating, in general, has been poor the past 10 years. Why anyone would give it a pass, I don't know.

From what I have seen all fan bases complain about officiating, but Tennessans make it an art form. Three or four years ago I visited home, Cannon County, with my son and watched a girls high school basketball game. He still talks about the fans to this day. Years before that I watched CC play at Meigs County in a sub state girls BB game and the deputy sheriff, with a pistol on his hip, charged onto the floor and started giving the refs hell.

How many years is years ago?? I'm actually not surprised that happened in meigs

What were the announcers saying about it?

After seeing two or 3 times the announcer said ball was loose and knee wasn't down and runner actually lunged forward as ball was going into Cams hands. After hearing that I thought it was ours but not to be..

No it didn't cost us the game. But the OU game was officiated horribly. It's not the 50/50 holding calls people are talking about. It's the fact that some were outrageous. Chock holds and tackles aside they held us all game long and the refs didn't call a single one until the 4th when it was in hand.

That being said i think it was an anomaly. Refs miss calls and make the wrong call all the time, usually it affects both teams rather similarly. I expect that to be how it goes saturday.

Then we were dumb to not do the same. It might have slowed their D-Line down.

VN Store

Back