Jay Blakely Commits

Is this Blakely the real deal, he's a 3 star....I remember Dooley loved him some 2 & 3 star players that the Vol's competed with Troy and Georgia Southers, Western Ky, you get the picture.
Welcome to UT Mr Blakely
Go Vol's

3 star...meh! Ole Butch just ain't getting it done this year. Am I joking or not?

I hope you're joking. Dem 3 stars fly under the radar to some schools, allowing them to be developed into unstoppable shutdown corners and the like of that'

I'm not sure why he has such a low ranking, but he has shined at several camps this year, most recently being named a top performer at the Select 7-on-7. Here are the notes from that camp:

Blakely was one of the more physically imposing players in attendance. His long wing span allows him to cover a large amount of space, and his lateral movement allows him to get where he needs to be on the field. He already has the look of an SEC linebacker and he is comfortable in coverage situations.

Reactions: 14 people
i haven't kept up with recruiting as much this year and don't know anything about Mr. Blakely so this is not anything against him but why are we down in the ranking this year? I know we are limited in the number we can pick up but why are we not getting the top 150 guys? Is it because early playing time isn't a given or what? Most of the three stars can earn playing time and make a difference but I just don't feel the excitement around recruiting this year.

Welcome to Vol Nation
414595.jpg
:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
I'm curious as to why a lot of our 3* recruits have 4-5* offer lists. Why aren't they ranked higher? Not that I care all that much since I trust offer lists more than stars, but it seems a little strange to me.

I'm curious as to why a lot of our 3* recruits have 4-5* offer lists. Why aren't they ranked higher? Not that I care all that much since I trust offer lists more than stars, but it seems a little strange to me.

I'd assume they will get bumped later? And I'm with you on the offer list. That's the true measure.....IMO

Reactions: 2 people
i haven't kept up with recruiting as much this year and don't know anything about Mr. Blakely so this is not anything against him but why are we down in the ranking this year? I know we are limited in the number we can pick up but why are we not getting the top 150 guys? Is it because early playing time isn't a given or what? Most of the three stars can earn playing time and make a difference but I just don't feel the excitement around recruiting this year.

5-7
7-6
6-7
5-7
5-7
5-7
7-6

No matter how you slice it we've been down for a long time.

You guys do realize that players will continue to get graded as we draw closer to national signing day, right? A 3* can be bumped up to a 4*, just as a 4* can be brought down to a 3*. I trust this staff's abilities to spot talent.

I hope you're joking. Dem 3 stars fly under the radar to some schools, allowing them to be developed into unstoppable shutdown corners and the like of that'

His offer list looks NOTHING like those players you are referring to that Doofus recruited.

5-7
7-6
6-7
5-7
5-7
5-7
7-6

No matter how you slice it we've been down for a long time.

Pretty much this. If we can't guarantee them a shot at starting then they will lump us in with the UAs, OSUs, USCs, & FSUs. Big name programs with established coaches that are winning big right now. All these kids have been winners at HS and want to continue to be winners at the next level. Playing 4 years for any of the teams on that list pretty much guarantees you a conf championship ring and a shot at the playoffs. Butch needs to win big this year to show these good players that playing for UT will offer that same opportunity

VN Store

Back