Jay Blakely Commits

While I am wondering about getting 3*s as well - Butch has shown he has a good nose for talent. Moreover, Blakely has a solid offer list for just a "middle of the pack" 3*.

I'm curious as to why a lot of our 3* recruits have 4-5* offer lists. Why aren't they ranked higher? Not that I care all that much since I trust offer lists more than stars, but it seems a little strange to me.
This happens every year. There can only be so many 4 stars.

Is this Blakely the real deal, he's a 3 star....I remember Dooley loved him some 2 & 3 star players that the Vol's competed with Troy and Georgia Southers, Western Ky, you get the picture.
Welcome to UT Mr Blakely
Go Vol's

In FSU's back yard and didn't have an offer.

Welcome on board Ja'Quain. GBO!

He looks pretty big/fast/hard hitter on film. Bet he is a 4* by next year.

Colquitt Co. HS usually has a VERY good and solid team. I'm okay with this pick up. Good offer list. Welcome aboard, young man!

Word on the street is that he respects women and actually got slapped by a girl in 8th grade and did not stab her. He obviously is not fsu material :(

This will do down as the funniest post of August '15. If you would have added "...and he knows how to shop for crab-legs/lobsters at the local super market..." It would have been perfect.

Thank you sir. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We will have a way better class than fla...again. This guy is a legit 4 star that we beat out UGa and fla to get.

Welcome aboard young man and Govols.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure why he has such a low ranking, but he has shined at several camps this year, most recently being named a top performer at the Select 7-on-7. Here are the notes from that camp:

Yes sir that's what I like to hear!!!!! At this point in my person opinion butch has proven his ability to recruit with the big boys no doubt about it!!!!! I love it!!! Go get'em butch!!! GBO

You guys do realize that players will continue to get graded as we draw closer to national signing day, right? A 3* can be bumped up to a 4*, just as a 4* can be brought down to a 3*. I trust this staff's abilities to spot talent.

Todd Gurley was originally a 3 star.

Reactions: 2 people
After Emmanuel Moseley, I put no stock whatsoever on just looking at the number of stars. ( I just feel better about a 4 star than a 2 star lol)

VN Store

Back