Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
SEC post-spring position rankings: Front seven - SEC Blog- ESPN

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ole Miss
4. Missouri
5. Florida

6. Tennessee: The Vols had a lot of injuries to deal with this spring, particularly up front: Derek Barnett, Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Kendal Vickers were among the 2015 starters out for most or all of spring with an injury. Once they return to the fold, this unit will be a deep, experienced one and one of the better groups in the league, with Barnett (10 sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss) and Reeves-Maybin (105 tackles, 14 tackles for loss) leading the way.

7. Texas A&M
8. Georgia
9. Arkansas
10. Vanderbilt
11. Auburn
12. Mississippi State
13. Kentucky
14. South Carolina

Reactions: 1 person
If everyone is healthy, our group should climb up in these rankings.

Reactions: 5 people
I would like to know what Missouri has that is better than a front 7 of Barnett, Kongbo, Mckenzie, Tuttle, JRM, DKJr, and Austin Smith.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, I like this. It will give the D "something to prove" come fall if they feel a bit disrespected right now. When they take the field, the truth will become apparent pretty quickly.

Absolutely no way we should be less than 4th. Missouri above UT is downright absurd, and Ole Mi$$ and UF above UT are questionable at best.

Reactions: 4 people
We all know what we have on the defensive front right now. It's better than 6 and it will be really special this year

I think injuries and possibly depth at DT are the only reason we're that low. If we were at full strength with Tuttle/Barnett/etc we'd be top 3. Also no mention of Kongbo coming in which adds to our clout IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
This should be put in every single players locker who resides in Coach Shoops front 7 this year. This is straight disrespect and motivation to live in opponents backfield this year. The brand of football we are going to play on both sides of the ball this year is going to be three things; VIOLENT, EXPLOSIVE, and INTIMIDATING... TEAM 120 is going to be something special. Something special we have not seen on the hill since the end of the 90's. Talent + Speed + Leadership + Shoop = ATLANTA
whose coming with me? Let's go Vol Nation!

Reactions: 3 people
Mizzou is too high. Eventhough we did not score a ton of points against the tiger D, I felt our o line got the better of their d line when we played them. Swap TN with MIZ on that list. Not sure about Ole Miss though.

Screw Ole Miss and their bs front seven. I wanna play them again so bad now that we're back to where we need to be.

I think these scrubs at ESPN just look at a depth chart and Google search recruiting rankings and write an entire article from that. Good grief

The season can't start soon enough, we're smack dab in the middle of the we need filler and something to write about season. It does give fans an opportunity to discuss, debate, and sort through the BS.

That is a joke. UT is too 3 at worst.

Is this projection for the fall or right now as of spring?

Lotta questions about DT right now IMO. Plus, Barnett, JRM, Phillips, Vickers, Tuttle coming off injuries, Johnson indefinitely suspended. We're a talented group up front, but a little thin at tackle and some questions all around. I can see why they might rank us middle of the pack.

Thanks for posting pj.

I agree with those who think No. 7 is a bit low.

Chill guys, this is only a post spring ranking. If and when all injured players return, rankings should be 3. IMO.

VN Store

Back