ESPN: SEC front 7 rankings

So people saying Butch must win the SEC in 2016 need to realize we only have the 6th best front seven in the conference. Let's keep expectations in check.

It's Ok to have high expectations this year! We have a senior QB, experience on the Oline, arguably the best running back duo in the country, #1 special teams coming back from last year, good leadership, receivers should be solid, who knows how much better the tight ends should be with Croom, and we were REALLY close to winning every game we played last year.

Without a doubt this front 7 will be more experienced and deeper than last year and they have the luxury of a more experienced secondary... COME ON, Stop selling the VOLS short.

Some of you guys have abused spouse syndrome. Let the Dooley and Kiffin years go and get on the HYPE train!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Have ya'll noticed that USCjr is dead last in multiple rankings? They are gonna be dreadful looks like.

Even with all of our injuries, we're still way ahead of Mizzou.

Ole Miss lost a bunch of folks to the draft but they still have plenty of bongs and payoff money for the remaining guys ...

Reactions: 3 people
when healthy, when healthy, when healthy.... hahahaha. We will have an all freshman line at some point during this season. book it.

I would like to know what Missouri has that is better than a front 7 of Barnett, Kongbo, Mckenzie, Tuttle, JRM, DKJr, and Austin Smith.

You forget Phillips and Vereen. I hope Kongbo is as good as quick as advertised but we sure have him already penned in as a big time player. Let's wait and see on him.

We really should be #2. LSU's front 7 is not that good. And the rest ahead of us is laughable.

LSU is returning their entire defensive line and they're pretty damn good and they are coached by one of the best DL coaches in the history of the sport.

when healthy, when healthy, when healthy.... hahahaha. We will have an all freshman line at some point during this season. book it.

I know you're a ridiculous, confirmed troll. However, I can't help myself....

OBrien- Redshirt Senior
Vickers- Redshirt Junior
Shy Tuttle- Soph
Derek Barnett- Junior
Latroy Lewis- Redshirt Senior
Kyle Phillips- Soph
Darrell Taylor- Redshirt Freshman
Dimarya Mixon- Junior
Corey Vereen- Senior
Andrew Butcher - Redshirt Freshman
Quay Picou- Sophomore
Paul Bain- Redshirt Sophomore
Charles Fogler- Redshirt Senior
Tyler Stokes- Redshirt Sophomore
Kahlil McKenzie- Sophomore
Jonathan Kongbo- Sophomore

Those are the defensive tackles and ends on our roster this year.....we couldn't field a DL full of freshman this year if we tried.

Reactions: 5 people

OBrien- Redshirt Senior
Vickers- Redshirt Junior
Shy Tuttle- Soph
Derek Barnett- Junior
Kyle Phillips- Soph
Dimarya Mixon- Junior
Corey Vereen- Senior
Quay Picou- Sophomore

Those are the defensive tackles and ends on our roster this year.....we couldn't field a DL full of freshman this year if we tried.

What!? We're a plane crash away from a freshman DLine man!

Is that why we are already working an all freshman left side? We will be pulling players from Hendersonville high before it's over.

Have ya'll noticed that USCjr is dead last in multiple rankings? They are gonna be dreadful looks like.

I have always liked South Carolina.

However, I will enjoy watching another school endure Muschamp's incompetence.

How another school could look at the epic fail in every facet of running a program at a school with almost every advantage known to man and still hire him is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I have always liked South Carolina.

However, I will enjoy watching another school endure Muschamp's incompetence.

How another school could look at the epic fail in every facet of running a program at a school with almost every advantage known to man and still hire him is beyond my ability to comprehend.

If you fail coaching football at Florida, you fail everywhere.

OBrien- Redshirt Senior
Vickers- Redshirt Junior
Shy Tuttle- Soph
Derek Barnett- Junior
Kyle Phillips- Soph
Dimarya Mixon- Junior
Corey Vereen- Senior
Quay Picou- Sophomore

He might love DDs, but his football IQ is around 00.

Damn, though, we have a lot of young talent.

Is that why we are already working an all freshman left side? We will be pulling players from Hendersonville high before it's over.

Did you not read the list? We literally don't have any true freshmen DLs on the team, on the roster to play to play an "all freshmen left side". We have a couple redshirt freshmen, Taylor and Butcher, but Taylor a bit down the depth chart and Butcher is completely buried .... and they're both DEs. Your post is incoherent.

Am I missing something here? What on earth are you talking about?

I was fishing last night and didn't want to get into it on a phone freak, but all I was hearing all spring practice was how we were forced to work all the freshmen on the left side of the line. There is a reason people keep saying "if we can stay healthy." That was literally the VERY FIRST SPRING REPORT LoL. The first thing out of anybody mouth was "working an all freshman left side of the line." :thud:

Ignorance IMO.

Great motivational piece for our kids though.

Make certain this gets to all our D front 7 guys and keep sending it to them every week.

They need the relentless pursuit of smashing every team in front of us.

End of season rankings is sure going to be different.

Building a Champion D play by D play...VFL...GBO!!!

Mizzou just keeps losing front 7 to injuries, graduation and transfers, and they are rated that high?
Same for Florida, they lost a ton from their front 7 and aren't nearly as deep as they have been the last 4 years.

We belong in the top 3 if Shy comes back at 100%.

Nobody has better DE depth and quality than we have!

I was fishing last night and didn't want to get into it on a phone freak, but all I was hearing all spring practice was how we were forced to work all the freshmen on the left side of the line. There is a reason people keep saying "if we can stay healthy." That was literally the VERY FIRST SPRING REPORT LoL. The first thing out of anybody mouth was "working an all freshman left side of the line." :thud:

that's OFFENSIVE line. We are talking about DEFENSIVE line. try and keep up.

and if by our "all freshman left side" you mean our RS. FR. Richmond at left tackle you might be right. but considering we have all types of depth at guard that doesn't include freshman we are fine.

VN Store

Back