Edward Aschoff ESPN Staff Writer UT Preview

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Instant impact freshman: Tyler Byrd could very well have a career on both sides of the ball, but he'll start at receiver for the Vols. Tennessee doesn't have a lot of proven talent there, so Byrd will have every opportunity to make a major impact. He has been called a special talent in Knoxville and is pushing veteran Josh Smith for playing time in the slot.

2016 season preview: Tennessee Vols - SEC Blog- ESPN

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee loses its 12th straight to Florida and misses out on an East title with four losses.

Said the Florida grad... this is under "Worst Case." I guess the four losses are FL, GA, A&M, AL?

Reactions: 1 person
Said the Florida grad... this is under "Worst Case." I guess the four losses are FL, GA, A&M, AL?

Not bad for a 'worst case' !!

Last two times in recent memory the 'worst case' happened (Read Clawfense and SunseriGate) we had 5-7 seasons and coaches got fired !!

Reactions: 2 people
Typical ESPN.

Extremely
Stupid
People
Network

They're only good for watching games on and nothing more.

Earning respect and climbing the rankings WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

Typical ESPN.

Extremely
Stupid
People
Network

They're only good for watching games on and nothing more.

Earning respect and climbing the rankings WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

You can say that again. Can't stand the slant that network takes on everything. If they didn't have the games they have and the SEC Network, I'd never turn that crap on.

If Dobbs can't improve the down field passing, will Butch Jones pull Dobbs for Dormady, time will tell, but I have a feeling that Dobbs will improve his accuracy and down field passing......6 days we'll know more
Go Vols

If Dobbs can't improve the down field passing, will Butch Jones pull Dobbs for Dormady, time will tell, but I have a feeling that Dobbs will improve his accuracy and down field passing......6 days we'll know more
Go Vols

I'll go ahead and answer this so you don't have to wait on time. The only way Dobbs is getting replaced is if he's injured. What Dobbs does for UT far outweighs any benefit Dormady provides with "downfield accuracy".

Reactions: 6 people
Go Vols

Not a chance IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
There is no reason at all for this team to drop 4 games. I don't care what happens. There is enough talent in place. Don't wanna hear that anymore.

Heh, Aschoff's last name always reminds me of that Travolta & Cage movie, "Faceoff." Only, you know, "Aschoff." Makes me chuckle every time. That Gator homer. :)

He needs to get his Aschoff the couch and watch some film. His unchecked bias makes it impossible to take him seriously.

ESPN does not decide who goes to the playoff, ESPN rankings are not counted toward any rankings except their own...........most UT fans hates ESPN. Seems to be a mutually agreed upon relationship.

Minor thread drift...

I keep seeing the predicted lineup for the OL, but I haven't seen Jashon Robertson mentioned that often. Is he still in the mix for a starting position?

I am more optimistic than Mr Aschoff is about our offensive line, other than that this analysis seems accurate. I am not sure why it is receiving the criticism it is.

I'll go ahead and answer this so you don't have to wait on time. The only way Dobbs is getting replaced is if he's injured. What Dobbs does for UT far outweighs any benefit Dormady provides with "downfield accuracy".

This times 1,000! Without Dobbs, this is an 8-4 team. It baffles me how some people don't realize how important Dobbs is to this team. In addition, he is a better passer than Tee Martin who won a National Championship.

Last edited:
This times 1,000! Without Dobbs, this is an 8-4 team. It baffles me how some people don't realize how important Dobbs is to this team. In addition, he is a better passer than Tee Martin who won. National Championship.

I think you are 100% correct that this is an 8-4 team without Dobbs...He is extremely important to our success this season. But he IS NOT a better passer than Tee Martin was, IMO and looking at the stats. It's not a striking difference....but Tee was the better passer.
But...that may all change this year and I hope it does.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back