What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2016 Georgia Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name

So without further ado, here's what the Georgia faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup in Athens:

-This evidence of a dumpster fire is too good not to post:
My girlfriend is very good friends with one of our players girlfriends. She was over a couple days ago and this is what she told me "Some of the guys don't like Kirby's demeanor. Every other word is a cuss word, (in practice) and he doesn't sugar coat with them" I then asked if that was the whole team or just a few guys and she said "its mainly upperclassmen" (her bf is an underclassman, Not going to name names) and said her boyfriend has came home multiple times and told her a lot of guys think Kirby is too hard on them
Rumor on TOS is that there is more than a talent problem. There are some team cohesion problems, specifically between the coach and the players. Bulldog bob has eluded to this, and I have never known him not to be spot on. There are very few "insiders" that I trust. He is one of the few. This would make the most sense. It is not a talent problem. Seems to be a problem with players buying in to what Kirby is selling. If anyone has been watching the sidelines during any of the games, you may have noticed that they don't seem to be that into it. Or...is it just me that has noticed that.

-They are very upset about their O-line play. They feel their O-line is horrendous at run-blocking and not much better at pass protecting

-Honestly, they are reaching for slivers of hope for Saturday. Tennessee's first road game, oddly low betting line, we will be hungover from the Florida game, etc. It's starting to sound like a Utah State-level team convincing themselves they can win.

-I've seen several instances of Richt's "poor recruiting" being blamed for recent woes.

-Responses to a thread asking if UT can win Saturday and possibly secure the East:
It won't matter - winning the east is like winning an expedited trip to the electric chair. You'll lose by 35+ in the SECCG.
Our Dawgs are not very good, Tenn will likely beat us.
We will go 8-4 with losses to Ole Piss, The Hillbillies, The Gators and The Barners.
We play like Neutered chihuahua 's
Probably so...there's not much evidence that would suggest otherwise...this is like when Dooley came in after Kiffin bolted......

-A conspiracy theory from the Valedictorian of the most recent UGA graduating class:
Aparently the Freshman and the guys Kirby got are tacking over the locker room. He views Eason as the leader Chubb IMac and the seniors as Richts kids.

Word has it Kirby wants to bench all the Richt kids. Aperently he is trying adjust but the richt kids won't. Kirby might have to go post ww1 revolution.

-OPTIMISM!! This is what I like to see:
Nicholls lost 41-40 against South Alabama (the team that beat Mississippi State) in overtime last weekend. Maybe they're not as awful as we intially thought?

-PESSIMISM!! Also what I like to see:
I just don't see how Georgia wins this game. Tennessee is much stronger on both lines of scrimmage, and they have an experienced mobile quarterback.

Tennessee has momentum and confidence; Georgia just got destroyed by a team with a terrible defense.

Tennessee is better at every position except running back and tight end.

The only advantages I can see for Georgia are that the game is at Sanford Stadium, and they should have the desire to redeem themselves after last week's debacle. Tennessee often gets off to a constipated start too, but even if Georgia takes a big lead, I don't see how they could hold on. Florida couldn't and they have the 2nd best defense in the SEC.

-They are very "meh" about Chaney. I haven't seen anyone who is particularly thrilled about him, though some remain optimistic.

-They are very optimistic about Elijah Holyfield getting some carries this game if Chubb is out. I did see this post and the responses cracked me up:
I'm really excited to see Holyfield get the ball. He run harder straight ahead than anybody we have. Maybe not the movement of Chubb or Michel, but give him his head and he'll hurt somebody.
lol that ole head will get you going

-In the midst of all the griping about the talent Richt left them, I came across this and found it quite interesting. Their 2013 class was mostly a bust as a whole (similar to our 2009 class). Here are the Top 12 commits:
1. Tray Matthews - at Auburn, but not that great anyway.
2. Brice Ramsey - didn't pan out.
3. Tramel Terry - got hurt, didn't pan out, transferred.
4. Shaq Wiggins - at Louisville.
5. Tim Kimbrough - at some NAIA school, but wasn't an NFL guy even if Kirby hadn't dismissed him.
6. Brandon Kublanow - multi-year starter, but won't play in the NFL.
7. Brendan Langley - ugh.
8. Leonard Floyd - baller, in the NFL, not on the 2016 team.
9. Toby Johnson - exhausted eligibility.
10. Reggie Wilkerson - didn't pan out.
11. AJ Turman - didn't pan out, transferred to UCF.
12. Johnny O'Neal - didn't pan out.

-On how to handle UT:
I think on offense, you have to take some shots. UGA does not have a Callaway but despite the drop Reggie Davis got behind them last year 3 times. Once a TD, once a drop other was open.
Defense has got to tackle No 11. He makes them go..

-Love the response:

-General score predictions have Tennessee winning by 10-14, in a somewhat high scoring affair. Tennessee mid-30's, Georgia low to mid-20's.

-This is the greatest "key to winning" I have ever seen:
Our weakest point is our OL and kicker. Remove them from the equation. Have Eason in shotgun, after the snap have him run backwards for about 8 seconds, then launch it 90 yards towards the endzone. If they intercept it, well we got more yardage than our punter would have. Oh, and this is on 1st down btw, because sacks.

As you can see, they are a defeated bunch. We remember all too well what that felt like. Let's get as much Orange in their adorable little stadium as we can and make it 5-0.

GBO.

No matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: 117 people
I really love the run backwards 8 seconds guy, they would be throwing from their own n zone every play lol..

Looks like most of their board is filled with Negadawgs
:lolabove:

Reactions: 7 people
Lol Kirby is an a$$ imagine that. He looks misserable

I had heard rumblings of dissension in their locker room. Many on their team are not happy Smart brought in the Bama DB & Rhode Island LT and made them starters on the day they arrived. No dues paid, hard to see a kid bump you down the chart when you have not even shown the new coach what you can do. It's typical staff turnover the new coach is gonna run off the old coach's kids and bring his own in. CBJ did this better than most at UT. Smart seems to be the ruthless guy, don't like it just get the %$#@ out of here.

Reactions: 3 people
Originally Posted by :
It won't matter - winning the east is like winning an expedited trip to the electric chair. You'll lose by 35+ in the SECCG.

I have to admit I lol'd

Reactions: 3 people
I was wrong Fade, no "overrated or they suck" comments.

Haha, sounds like Kirby thinks he's Nick.

VN Store

Back