First real test for Butch Jones

Vol_guy

This is the first real test for Butch Jones. We are now a championship caliber team favored on the road one week after the biggest win of his career thus far. To me this determines if He can truly take us to the promise land. Will he pull a richt and the team come out flat after a huge win or Wil he pull a Saban or Meyer and make this a statement game.

This game is the most critical game left. I understand we have A&M and Bama on the schedule but to lock up the east this game is the most critical.

With a win over Georgia that will give them 2 conference losses if we lose to A&M and Bama we have the tie breaker over Florida and Georgia. So essentially we can wrap up the east this week.

Reactions: 4 people
This is the first real test for Butch Jones. We are now a championship caliber team favored on the road one week after the biggest win of his career thus far. To me this determines if He can truly take us to the promise land. Will he pull a richt and the team come out flat after a huge win or Wil he pull a Saban or Meyer and make this a statement game.

This game is the most critical game left. I understand we have A&M and Bama on the schedule but to lock up the east this game is the most critical.

With a win over Georgia that will give them 2 conference losses if we lose to A&M and Bama we have the tie breaker over Florida and Georgia. So essentially we can wrap up the east this week.

FYI.. if UF wins out and we lose to A&M and Bama UF goes to Atlanta. All three are very important

Reactions: 18 people

If they lose to A&M and Bama it's not locked up until Florida loses another SEC game. Nothing is guaranteed at this point. Just keep winning.

Edit to correct A@M to A&M

Reactions: 1 person
That's very true but I'm banking on them to lose to either Arkansas or Georgia and possibly LSU

Reactions: 3 people
This game decides who goes to Atlanta. If we win, we likely will. If they win, it's the winner of UGA vs FL.

UF only has one conference loss.
I put more emphasis on the tie-breakers, but we can't wrap up the East just by beating Georgia.

UF needs to lose or we need to have no more than 1 loss.

i think better stated, it's the NEXT test.

we've all seen what he and the staff can do when facing adversity, and having to rally. we've not seen how this program will be with bigger aspirations than the tax slayer bowl.

so the next test....how do we handle success? hardly the first.

Reactions: 19 people
Agreed, this game is huge for us winning the Eastern division as well as staying in national contention. But that is it. It doesn't test Butch in any particular way that I can think of. Vol fans want every game to be a win. I get that. But a mediocre Georgia team reeling from a blowout isn't a "big test". It's merely the next game on the slate.

On another note, is the first time that we are favored on the road, in conference, under Butch?

Excuse me I should have titled it the next big test... clinching a division title

Gotcha. It's definitely on the list and ready to be checked off. I'm ready to see what a full 4 quarters of execution looks like so I can rewatch whole games instead of replaying the second half over and over and over....:)

Reactions: 3 people
This game decides who goes to Atlanta. If we win, we likely will. If they win, it's the winner of UGA vs FL.

Not true. UT can still finish in a two loss tie with one or both and go to ATL by one of the tiebreaker rules

we've all seen what he and the staff can do when facing adversity, and having to rally. we've not seen how this program will be with bigger aspirations than the tax slayer bowl.

So you think the only way to state it is that this is the only test eh? I know you don't think Butch and his staff hasn't faced and adversity, and that we haven't seen what Butch can do when facing adversity, but every REAL FAN knows we have. And I know you keep saying this team doesn't have higher aspirations than the TaxSlayer Bowl but we do, so stop saying it.
Can't believe you and your ilk don't believe we can handle any success. Even though you say this is the first test, it's not, we've already passed other tests.....you're just a big fat liar. Gtfo you negavol!

-ReaderVol

"First Real Teat".......lol!

Georgia is the next big test.

Then Texas A&M will be the next big test.

Then Alabama will be the next big test.

We gonna have more tests than NASA.

All this. We are going to Athens with the better team and a chance to land another big blow in the east.

So you think the only way to state it is that this is the only test eh? I know you don't think Butch and his staff hasn't faced and adversity, and that we haven't seen what Butch can do when facing adversity, but every REAL FAN knows we have. And I know you keep saying this team doesn't have higher aspirations than the TaxSlayer Bowl but we do, so stop saying it.
Can't believe you and your ilk don't believe we can handle any success. Even though you say this is the first test, it's not, we've already passed other tests.....you're just a big fat liar. Gtfo you negavol!

-ReaderVol

:blink::eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back