First real test for Butch Jones

Florida's schedule much easier than ours.

Vandy, LSU, Mizzoo, GA, Ark, USCe

We have 7 SEC games left including bama and ta&m

Gotta win!

Ponder this....we beat Ga AND the Aggs....could you imagine the atmosphere around the Bammer game?
How big would that game be on a national level? Playing at home, undefeated, & favored. Fun to think about for sure.

Reactions: 5 people
Did you mean to capitalize He? Butch is great and all, but generally that is reserved for deities. :D

Florida's schedule much easier than ours.

Vandy, LSU, Mizzoo, GA, Ark, USCe

We have 7 SEC games left including bama and ta&m

Gotta win!

exactly. i don't particularly like the "we win this, we win the East" comments. that's far from the truth. until/unless FL loses again, and we hand GA a 2nd loss.

then you're down to losing a game we probably shouldn't to lose the East.

so Beat Georgia. and GOOOO anybody playing FL.

That's very true but I'm banking on them to lose to either Arkansas or Georgia and possibly LSU

How about instead of banking on them to lose, bank on us to win... then we will control our own destiny.

I'm not just gonna roll over and assume tam and bama beat us

How about instead of banking on them to lose, bank on us to win... then we will control our own destiny.

I'm not just gonna roll over and assume tam and bama beat us

i don't think anyone is. but of the games we have left, it's pretty obvious those are two stiff challenges, back to back weeks....and it wouldn't be a shocker if we lost those two.

i don't think anyone should expect to lose them though, agreed.

as for FL losing....hell, im for it regardless.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
i don't think anyone is. but of the games we have left, it's pretty obvious those are two stiff challenges, back to back weeks....and it wouldn't be a shocker if we lost those two.

i don't think anyone should expect to lose them though, agreed.

as for FL losing....hell, im for it regardless.:thumbsup:

lol I'm with you there, lose 'em all.

I agree, it wouldn't be a shocker, but then again, I don't like holding my breath on another team losing. To me that's like playing not to lose, rather than playing to win...

lol I'm with you there, lose 'em all.

I agree, it wouldn't be a shocker, but then again, I don't like holding my breath on another team losing. To me that's like playing to lose, rather playing to win...

i agree. i've said it alot during the off season...just stay relevant. go to Athens undefeated, see what happens.

we get out this weekend, headed to CS 5-0, top 10....we are really in position to do something special. not to get ahead of myself, but it's out there for us now.

go take it.

Not true. UT can still finish in a two loss tie with one or both and go to ATL by one of the tiebreaker rules

I know. Im saying there is about no chance we win Bama and Tamu, so we have to beat UGA

I know you "corrected" yourself, but come on...first real test? His first real test has happened several times already. The testing is already complete. He has his bachelor's degree. Now it's time to go out there and try and secure that first job. No more tests.

I know you "corrected" yourself, but come on...first real test? His first real test has happened several times already. The testing is already complete. He has his bachelor's degree. Now it's time to go out there and try and secure that first job. No more tests.

Ehhh... went from his GED to a Bachelor's with 2 good quarters against Florida? Was a very good win, but if they go out and lay an egg in Athens on Saturday then Butch is right back on the hot seat in my opinion. I'd say getting over the Florida hump grants him his Associates. Nothing more. Make it to Atlanta and then we can talk about Bachelors. :good!:

Ponder this....we beat Ga AND the Aggs....could you imagine the atmosphere around the Bammer game?
How big would that game be on a national level? Playing at home, undefeated, & favored. Fun to think about for sure.

You serious, Clark?

Ehhh... went from his GED to a Bachelor's with 2 good quarters against Florida? Was a very good win, but if they go out and lay an egg in Athens on Saturday then Butch is right back on the hot seat in my opinion. I'd say getting over the Florida hump grants him his Associates. Nothing more. Make it to Atlanta and then we can talk about Bachelors. :good!:

Wrong. He will be on no hot seat. He will be here several more years.

he's no where near the hot seat.

I have to imagine the coaches know that we keep winning to achieve even the most basic goal of the SEC east.

Go look back at history.....winner usually ha no losses or only has one loss, occasionally two. Never three.

VN Store

Back