Taxslayer Bowl: Vols vs Georgia Tech

Whoever is projecting that is throwing darts at a map. We open with Georgia Tech next year. It won't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Whoever is projecting that is throwing darts at a map. We open with Georgia Tech next year.

Jerry Palm...he's pretty respected...but yeah, I'm not buying it either...just passing a projection along

Whoever is projecting that is throwing darts at a map. We open with Georgia Tech next year.

People keep saying that, but I don't get why that really matters. Don't think we end up there, but all a bowl wants is ticket sales and ratings.

Reactions: 2 people
People keep saying that, but I don't get why that really matters. Don't think we end up there, but all a bowl wants is ticket sales and ratings.

You may have a point. They may not care about future schedules. After the 2014 Liberty Bowl/Tax Slayer fiasco any bowl is possible.

Didn't the Tax slayer bowl eliminate us from playing there this year?...I am hearing Kentucky is gonna play there.

Reactions: 6 people
That might be their prediction, but the Taxslayer Bowl sent out a tweet listing the SEC teams they were choosing from and Tennessee was not one of them. Also, I am pretty sure that the SEC has a rule or policy where they do not like to send teams to the same bowl within 2-3 years. But what do I know. They have surprised us before.

Also, who else is excited to see Butch grinning ear to ear like he accomplished something when we accept an invitation to the Music City Bowl? Life Champions baby!

Last edited:
We would probably get our azz kicked playing Ga Tech this year; we can't even beat Vandy or USCe, what makes anyone think we could beat Ga Tech?

their best RB left the team last week, but of course that wont matter theres others Im sure

Has a team ever had back to back losses to a team?

The only reason I could see this matchup happening is that the football Gods want to find a new way to punish Tennessee fans.

Yes. But not bowl conference championship game after final regular season game. A year or 2 ago Stanford had to beat UCLA in finale and Pac12 title game.

TaxSlayer Bowl will not allow any team to play in it twice within 2 years so......

DEBUNKED!

Because the bowl doesn't pick the team, the SEC does. The SEC works with the bowls to try and give them the teams they want, but the SEC is more concerned about its national image than a bowl selling tickets.

we were there two years ago, and I doubt...no I know...that we won't travel as well this year. Don't see it happening.

The MCB is depressing. But that's what you get after losing to the two worst teams in the league.

South Carolina and Vandy at 6-6 are worse than Missouri at 4-8 and Ole Miss and MS State at 5-7, got it. Every team in the SEC had a "bad loss" except for Bama. That is what happens when all the teams bring in top coaches and build state of the art facilities. Hate Vandy and SCAR all you want but the truth is their coaches are 2 of the top defensive minds in college football

Reactions: 1 person
The MCB is depressing. But that's what you get after losing to the two worst teams in the league.

It's so much better than no bowl at all. Take away the injuries and it would have been us getting waxed by bammer last night.

Again...try no bowl at all and a losing season. That would be better, right?

Because...you know, we might not go to a bowl, and that would really suck?

Did I mention that not going to a bowl sucks?

Maybe if I rub your nose in it enough, you will quit whining. But I doubt it. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Has a team ever had back to back losses to a team?

The only reason I could see this matchup happening is that the football Gods want to find a new way to punish Tennessee fans.

Have you ever been happy in your entire life? You seem so miserable.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back