0-7 in SEC Conference Play

Beating a dead horse KB.

I’ve learnt that Butch wasn’t the guy to begin with.

I tried giving him chances but he finally gave me a reason to not trust him again.

Let’s move on.

Ha! One of the most rabid defenders of Butch now wants to "move on". Convenient.

Reactions: 2 people
Ha! One of the most rabid defenders of Butch now wants to "move on". Convenient.

Yeah like you could have predicted this. People make mistakes and learn from them. Take me for example. I was a staunch Colton Jumper defender up until the SC game. I was dead wrong. Move on.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea my bad they tied the record today with 2012 for going 0-7 in SEC.

It's bad when that's about the only thing left to play for. I'll always curse Currie if we lose that, too. Losing the 8th game and to Vandy would be about as bad as it gets.

Likely cannot stop the train wreck next week vs Vandy. 0-8 seems like it will happen.

In Butch''s lingo... There isn't a single player on this team that has gone win less in the SEC before... they are playing with consistency and it is a true example of complimentary football.

Look at the good side of this. No matter how we play in the coming years, we can't do worse. Whatever coach they decide on will undoubtedly win more SEC games than we did this year. Better days coming. GBO!

Look at the good side of this. No matter how we play in the coming years, we can't do worse. Whatever coach they decide on will undoubtedly win more SEC games than we did this year. Better days coming. GBO!

I hate to bring this up, but I think that's what people said about Dooley. Remember there are coaches like Tommy Tuberville (with SEC HC experience) out there in waiting; it could actually get worse.

Unbelievable stat and not in a good way. Lose next weekend to Vandy, we’ll be winless in the SEC. That’s never happened in the history of Tennessee football.

I can’t tell you how upset I am with Butch for putting together such a terribly coached team.

The players deserve so much better than this.

And we’ve lost a school record 8 SEC games in a row. Quite an accomplishment.

At we won’t have had an 0-11 or 0-12 season either, like some other SEC school over near the Atlantic Coast.

I remember not too long ago Josh when plenty of us tried to tell you about Butch and you shouted us all down. Oh well, better late than never....

Why do you feel the need to constantly go through the whole "I told you so" routine? C'mon man...give it up. You're not the only one, either. Many fans, including myself, didn't start calling for Butch to get fired until this year because it was pointless and detrimental until this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Has TN ever lost all the sec conference games b4??? I can't remember loosing completely out!

The closest was probably 2012 (started 0-7, ended 1-7), 1954 under Robinson (the team beat Miss St but finished the rest of the year at 1-5), and Majors‘ first season in 1977 (1-5 in SEC play).

VN Store

Back