#1 SEC Passing Touchdowns Leader

Let see, 9 of those TDs came in the last 3 weeks against some of the worst teams in the country. And from memory, I believe he only had 3 total against App St,
Bama, USC, and A&M. Really not a historic achievement here.

Reactions: 4 people
Just reporting the fact.

Other QBs played against weaker teams too but couldn't get it done in that category.

Dobbs did.

And ran for 190 yards passed for 220+ more and had 5 TDs no interceptions Sat.

No one claimed anything about historical achievements here because that would be out of context since
we're talking about the current season 2016 as in the way it is right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27 people
My favorite Dobbs td passing stat is that Florida has given up 6 passing td's all year...

Dobbs has 4 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
Good for Dobbs...but a lot of QBs have been injured this year.

Exactly, how many teams have had the same QB for the entire season. Also besides UF the West has far better defenses so the QBs in that division are at a disadvantage, even though Dobbs did face 2 of the better Ds in the West.

Reactions: 1 person
Considering all of the attention Joshua Dobbs difficulties with passing received going into this season, this really is an ironic stat.

Good for Dobbs...but a lot of QBs have been injured this year.

That only makes Dobbs' performance this year even more impressive. He is constantly running and taking hits, yet has remained uninjured.

Does he lead in QB rushing TDs? He leads in passing TDs, TD passes longer than 20yds, runs the ball 12-20 times a game, and has shown amazing durability while doing so.

Reactions: 6 people
Considering some of you love to state the obvious on Myles Garrett getting most of his sacks against lower level and FCS teams when comparing him to Barnett............. Now lets not give Dobbs credit when he stacks up stats vs lower level and FCS teams........hmm what did Dobbs do vs Bama, A&M, Florida, Georgia...........fair is fair, so I would not put too much stock in Dobbs being the leader

Just reporting the fact.

Other QBs played against weaker teams too but couldn't get it done in that category.

Dobbs did.

And ran for 190 yards passed for 220+ more and had 5 TDs no interceptions Sat.

No one claimed anything about historical achievements here because that would be out of context since
we're talking about the current season 2016 as in the way it is right now.

of course, not to mention...but I will anyway...two time winner of Walter Camp Offensive Player of the Week...:)

GO JOSH...GO VOLS...ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD!

Reactions: 3 people
Only 7th in attempts, but first in TDs. Second in efficiency. Only Drew Lock and Stephen Johnson have more yards per completion and they hit 54.2% and 53.9% compared to Josh at 60%. Great, great year for Josh.

Reactions: 5 people
Considering some of you love to state the obvious on Myles Garrett getting most of his sacks against lower level and FCS teams when comparing him to Barnett............. Now lets not give Dobbs credit when he stacks up stats vs lower level and FCS teams........hmm what did Dobbs do vs Bama, A&M, Florida, Georgia...........fair is fair, so I would not put too much stock in Dobbs being the leader

got my own stat book, but thanks anyway...:)

GO VOLS...GO JOSH...GO BARNETT...ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD!

Reactions: 2 people
Josh has 33 TDs this year and is averaging 270.5 yards per game (rushing and passing)...

Not too shabby for a nerd!

Congratulation JD!

Reactions: 7 people
Let see, 9 of those TDs came in the last 3 weeks against some of the worst teams in the country. And from memory, I believe he only had 3 total against App St,

Yep, we're the only school that plays weaker opponents. 😜

We had to play our schedule, who else was he going to get them against. His total is the leader regardless, so what is the problem

Reactions: 3 people

He's faced 5 teams currently in the top 25 for passing D...and 6 teams in the current top 30 for scoring D...

He's lead the Vols to the #2 scoring O in the SEC...unless you want to give DeBord that credit...:popcorn:

Reactions: 4 people
Get This...

Dobbs is now tied for 2nd in TD's accounted for with Casey Clausen (81) all time at the University of Tennessee. Only Manning is ahead at 101.

In fact, Dobbs has rushed for more TD's (29) than every other player in Tennessee history except James Little Man Stewart (35).

Because of his two TD receptions, he's 3rd all time at Tennessee for total TD's from Scrimmage (31) behind Stewart (39) and Stanley Morgan (36).

When you think about all those great players, Cobb, Hardesty, Lewis, Streater, Holloway, Henry, Graham etc...and many if not most had better offensive lines than what Dobbs and Hurd (who is 8th all time in TD's from scrimmage) had. Kamara is 21st and will likely surpass the likes of Jamal Lewis by season's end.

Tennessee Volunteers Rushing | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

That's a lot of career production for an offense lots seem to hate.

GBO!!!

Last edited:

Well UGA/UF/A&M =
947 yards passing
8TD
5INT (couple were clearly on receiver)
163 yards rushing
3 rushing TDs
1 receiving TD

Thanks for bringing up the UF game, I think it was the highlight of his season.

Last edited:

Everyone plays cupcakes and weak SEC opponents...

VN Store

Back