1 Week Out...

o-DALAI-LAMA-facebook.jpg

If the Lama is wearing orange... Just sayin'...

I heard he walked into a Domino's and said: "Make me one with everything".

Reactions: 1 person
Define hotseat.

He'll get scrutiny and a ton of criticism, but in no way will his job be in jeopardy IMO.

I agree with you. I think there would have to be a total melt down this year. I mean why give up a good coach to go to the well again. I mean it's worked out so well for us in the past. Lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Tennesse comes out throwing it all over the field to make upcoming opponents worry more about a vertical passing game knowing Hurd and company can run.

Not really.

I think Joey Galloway is one of the most astute analysts at ESPN.

And I agree with him that Butch Jones is on the hot seat if he loses to Florida.

I'm not surprised at all that you like Galloway and think he's astute. He's ususally very uninformed on teams and sounds like a fool... oh I see why you like him. My bad.

Reactions: 2 people
His job will be in jeopardy if he doesn't turn it around against Georgia, A&M, and Alabama.

Butch Jones will be coaching for his job if he UNDERACHIEVES again.

Experts on TV and blogs predict based upon clicks/ratings. Vegas is the absolute best predictor. Financially, their lives depend on it.
I don't care how many people that pisses off, the truth is, we were picked for 7.5 wins.
We ended on the high side. We actually scored more points against the tough opponents than predicted.
Jones being here, so far, has only caused me 2 great aggravations.
1.He's good enough to be tougher competition than expected but yet, not close the deal.
2. The things he has done with this team, has been good enough to bring out fair weather fans with their head stuck up their butt. No one in particular in mind of course.

Admit it, the only reason we have to suffer through your ignorance is because of Butch Jones. Without the man you disparage so much, you wouldn't even be around.

If he could close games, would we have done better? Absolutely.
Did he truly underachieve according to real predictions? No, it just feels that way because he got closer than expected.

Conclusion - your words are as well conveyed as those of Derek Dooley.
Your accuracy and understanding of the game, also equal.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't be surprised if Tennesse comes out throwing it all over the field to make upcoming opponents worry more about a vertical passing game knowing Hurd and company can run.

Not gonna happen. Vanilla with white icing and see if they can stop it.

I hope to see a very fast disruptive defense that tackles and covers very well, if this happens the sky's the limit for team 120
Go Vols

Agreed, I don't we much offensively against them, but I fully expect the hounds to be unleashed on D !!

and the anticipation and anxiety are all there.

the talking heads are doing their thing, and we're now starting to see some folks offering up the "other side of the coin" when it comes to team 120.

we've seen Joey Galloway argue that CBJ should be on the hot seat should we lose to FL, we've seen Danny Kannell and Greg Mcleroy prop GA and FL up and wonder aloud about "can TN actually do it?" and many others taking a "i'll believe it when i see it approach".

countless others leaving some of the star power from team 120 off various all conference, all american or other award lists....

and yet there's still plenty of folks (barrett Salee leading the charge) out there that believe in team 120. (i actually heard Paul Finebaum vehemently defend TN against Joey Galloway yesterday?)

long story short....

in less than one week...the talk stops. and the only thing left for CBJ and team 120 to do....is produce.

this team has a giant opportunity in front of it, and none of the pre season prognostication (good or bad), pre season rankings, or award lists will have a thing to do with it.

finally.....it's time to get results.

GBO.

well said, I want to see us paly as aggressive in the second half as we do the first

no more giving up the lead, in the 2rd and 4th qtrs

VN Store

Back