'15 CA JUCO WR Rafael Araujo-Lopes

I think this is further evidence of where VP's future with the Vols stands. Too bad.

maybe, maybe not. Even if he came back you need another. Lost Vic and Jenkins too. Numbers are down.

I still can't get my head around those two players leaving. Makes no sense to me. They had family ties to the program and seemed to be fully committed.

Is it truly a lack of heart?

I still can't get my head around those two players leaving. Makes no sense to me. They had family ties to the program and seemed to be fully committed.

Is it truly a lack of heart?

im not sure about jenkins but i think thats just who Vic Wharton is. Hes been transferring from school to school his whole life.

Article says RB some...

That article is from his senior yr of Hs. Played WR at Juco.

He kinda looks a lot like Jonathan Johnson. His film is pretty good. It's not VP impressive but he seems to know how to find empty space at slot and hard to ignore the production.

That article is from his senior yr of Hs. Played WR at Juco.

He kinda looks a lot like Jonathan Johnson. His film is pretty good. It's not VP impressive but he seems to know how to find empty space at slot and hard to ignore the production.

Yep, we could definitely use him.

If this kid comes here, can we all just agree to call him "Raj"?

I'm looking at you Kesling...

Hudl tapes: RAFAEL ARAUJO-LOPES - Hudl

JUCO profile: Rafael Araujo-Lopes | #7 | WR | Reedley - CCCAA

According to VQ, Coach Z was recently in California to see him.

He's eligible to play this upcoming season. Was a JUCO All-American and caught 74 passes for 1,229 yards and 17 TDs.

Was recently offered his first FBS scholarship by Pitt and was thought to be headed there, but may have changed his mind after speaking with Coach Z, as he told a Fresno reporter on Twitter that reports of him committing to Pitt were untrue.

He played high school football in Central Florida, so proximity is in favor of the Vols.

Would be a big pickup with VP's future in doubt.
With his size I'm sure he would take Pig's place, not Von's.

With his size I'm sure he would take Pig's place, not Von's.

huh?

this is a pickup bc the numbers are down. Lost Vic, Jenkins and Pearson is on the fence. Its not about replacing any one particular player. Even if Von gets cleared we need another WR that can help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
IMO Pig is the one receiver we can't afford to lose. The guy is a machine and has the wheels to make plays. He's also been one of our more consistent guys so I hope he gets everything in order.

Reactions: 4 people
Looks like a guy who could be versatile, even lining up in the backfield occasionally. 5'10" 194 lbs. sounds like he has occasional RB potential to me, in a pinch.

If we were to pick him up that would give us four slot receivers (Pig, J. Smith, J. Johnson, Lopes) and it would allow J. Smith to play on the outside more and help make up for the potential loss of VP. I think that Smith could do really well this year if we could move him around formations more and take advantage of his athletic ability.

This would be an interesting use of a scholly. We weren't counting on VP next year either way.

Haven't heard much new about this kid other than he's officially visiting Pitt.

If we're cooling on him, it means the coaches expect VP back, IMO.

Haven't heard much new about this kid other than he's officially visiting Pitt.

If we're cooling on him, it means the coaches expect VP back, IMO.

Pearson had some academic work to do to get eligible before this all went down. Even if he does get cleared he has missed some class time and will have to bust his butt to get back.

VN Store

Back