'15 NC RB Akease Rankin

Does no one remember us getting cut to pieces by Mccluster, Demps, and Rainey?

Even Pead gashed us.

Everyone of those RBs you just mentioned broke tackles all the time. So I personally don't call them Scat Backs!

If a RB is 5'10 a185 pds but breaks tackles he is NOT a Scat Back IMHO. That means he has some power or determination which is hard to teach.

However, the best scenario is a RB at around 220-245 pds who can punish guys who try to tackle them.

Did you consider Travis Stevens a "scatback" as UT listed him at 5-9 190 lbs? I recall him breaking tackles left and right.

whats wrong with having a combo of both

Absolutely! If opposing defenses have a lot of speed, run your bulldozer to negate the speed. If opposing defenses have a lot of size and bulk, outflank them with speed and misdirection. We need flexibility at running back. Travis Henry and Travis Stevens were a fabulous 1-2 punch, requiring different defensive approaches for each if them. It is absurd to think that there is a one-size-fits-all running back.

Want....as a preferred walk on.

The write ups about him pushing himself to become the best he can be are inspirational, but make me wonder where his ceiling is. Has he pretty much reached it now? Or is there still a lot of room to grow?

Everyone of those RBs you just mentioned broke tackles all the time. So I personally don't call them Scat Backs! .

Those guys mainly broke tackles by getting in space and using their agility, they weren't running through people. That's how scat backs play. They did a lot of damage on screens.

If scat backs couldn't break tackles, no one would recruit them. Every good RB has to break tackles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Rankin carried the ball 19 times for 177 yards, including touchdowns covering 6, 56, 4, 1 and 3 yards. It raised his season rushing total to 880 yards and 16 TDs. He may have threatened to reach 1,000 on the night but, with Mooresville comfortably ahead, Rankin rested the entire second half.
Blue Devil buzz saw plows through Greyhounds - Mooresville Tribune: Sports

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back