'16 GA ATH Kyle Davis

This guy is a stud. Would love to get him. Not sure who I'd rather have, him or Hardman.

Jones and co. have made it known for over a year now that Hardman is at the top of their board, that's why I'd go with him if forced to choose. It would be fantastic to get both though.

This guy is a stud. Would love to get him. Not sure who I'd rather have, him or Hardman.

Hardman easily. He brings something to the table our offense desperately needs....elite top end speed and elite short area quickness. Guys with that skillset are very rare.

Kyle Davis on the other hand while being a very nice prospect really brings nothing to the table that a healthy Marques North doesn't.

I'll take both. But if I had to choose it's a no-brainer. You go with Hardman and don't look back.

Hardman easily. He brings something to the table our offense desperately needs....elite top end speed and elite short area quickness. Guys with that skillset are very rare.

Kyle Davis on the other hand while being a very nice prospect really brings nothing to the table that a healthy Marques North doesn't.

I'll take both. But if I had to choose it's a no-brainer. You go with Hardman and don't look back.

When's the last time Marquez North was healthy?

Reactions: 2 people

Kyle Davis' best attribute isn't simply his size....although he's already a grown man, practically. HE HAS A KNACK FOR GETTING OPEN.That's what we need more than anything.

Reactions: 1 person

North is pretty much gone and even if he becomes healthy, there is no proof he will remain healthy. Davis is much more talented than North.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate these kind of isolated examples...as if the majority of kids coming out of HS with chitty measureables are stars in the making. For every Pharoah Cooper, there are hundreds of busts. But don't let that stop you from peddling such nonsense.

I bet I know who liked this post....rhymes with "Hobbs Poor Thighs Stan"

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
North is pretty much gone and even if he becomes healthy, there is no proof he will remain healthy. Davis is much more talented than North.

Pretty much gone? Lol. Where the hell is North going? He's an oft-injured WR coming off a disappointing Soph season with all of 5 catches for 46 yards this year. He ain't going nowhere except for the cold tub and classes.

Pretty much gone? Lol. Where the hell is North going? He's an oft-injured WR coming off a disappointing Soph season with all of 5 catches for 46 yards this year. He ain't going nowhere except for the cold tub and classes.

Well as in gone I was meaning that he basically doesnt play anymore. I dont count North as an active WR until he actually plays a few games. I didnt mean he was going to the NFL.

Was it the 5-yard hitch route where Worley threw the ball high and the Arkansas State corner broke him in half at the waist that is the root of all these missed games?

I remember that. I immediately took 4 ibuprofens after I saw that play.

we've had a number of those plays, TE's are better (not good/great/preferred) built for taking those hits. Even though North is/was a very solidly built WR he's not going to have the mass to absorb that hit which a TE might have.

of course if it wasn't that play that did him in this is me making stuff up. :loco:

we've had a number of those plays, TE's are better (not good/great/preferred) built for taking those hits. Even though North is/was a very solidly built WR he's not going to have the mass to absorb that hit which a TE might have.

of course if it wasn't that play that did him in this is me making stuff up. :loco:

I don't recall it being that hard, just very awkward.

OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Speed
This guy is a good looking cat on the hoof. Thick, physical and fast. He looks like an oversized power back, but moves like a perimeter player. Possesses good height and bulk and is very strong. Top end speed and explosiveness is very good. Shows a sneaky second gear in the open field most guys do not have.

Separation Skills
Drives off the line with purpose and can get DBs to back off of him. He can take the top off a defense with both his size and speed as well as quick feet to stab his foot in the ground and explode out of cuts. Tends to round off too many routes and isn't as a precise as he's going to be, but he has upside to become more crisp. Can use his arm length, strength and body to separate or shield defenders from the ball.

Ball Skills
Shows natural hand-eye coordination and is a hands catcher away from his frame. Hands are big and he can snag on the fly. Wastes little time plucking and tucking before transitioning upfield. Has the height, wing span and leaping ability to elevate and extend for jump balls and will pull the ball away in a crowd. Shows focus over the middle when he knows he's going to get hit.

Big Play Ability
Given his measurables, this guy is a load. He can run by you, through you or around you and is a much better space player than you might think. Has very good feet and short area quickness. Can accelerate on deep routes and track the over the shoulder ball while he's running away from you. Has shown a penchant for breaking tackles and extending plays into homeruns. He is very difficult to handle in coverage or after the catch due to strength and speed.

Bottom Line
Davis is going to be a popular prospect amongst power five programs. Few players his size move the way he does. Has experience out of the backfield and can also play in the slot. Wide receiver speed with running back power in one package. Exciting player with possible early impact ability.

Underclassman Eval
STRENGTHS: Davis is a big, physical receiver who has the ability to go up and catch the jump ball and win most matchups. Is an effective perimeter blocker who will put in the effort to seal defenders and create open lanes. Catches the ball well with his hands and away from his body. Has the size to possibly develop into a TE, H-Back, or an OLB/S hybrid. ...
AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Has good speed, but is not a burner. Needs to refine his route running as a receiver. Has some ankle and knee stiffness to his gait. ...
BOTTOM LINE: Davis has the size and skill to be a productive college receiver. If he physically matures and adds more weight he could see a position switch to TE or H-Back offensively and LB on defense.

-ESPN Scouting Report

VN Store

Back