'16 GA LB Ja'Quain Blakely (UT commit 8/1/15)

Congrats young man.Welcome to Big Orange Country.I love this pick up.Typical under the radar player our staff seems to have an uncanny ability to discover. Plus it helps that this kid plays in one of the toughest regions in the country.His competition he plays against isn't no joke.

Last edited:
Tell us about him, homey.

Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County linebacker Ja'Quain Blakely has scholarship offers from across the region but two programs have begun to separate from the pack.

Ja'Quain Blakely has Florida and Tennessee on top
"I'm liking Tennessee and I'm liking Florida. As of now those two would be my top two," Blakely said.

"Florida, it's a real good school. Coach (Geoff) Collins and I really hit it off when I went. They're just a real good. They're not too far away from home. They're on the uprise. It would be a good fit for me.

"Tennessee, it's a nice place. I really enjoyed it when I went up. It's just real nice. I feel like it would also be a good fit for me."

In addition to having a top two, Blakely also knows a few factors will weigh heavily when it comes to making his college decision.

"Team chemistry is a big key - how well the coaches and the players get along is a real big key," Blakely said. "I want to go to a successful program coming out of Colquitt County. We love to win and I want to go to a program that's a winning program."

When will he decide?

Right now, he's trying to figure out how he wants to handle the decision making process.

"I don't really know when," Blakely said. "I'm kind of debating on the end of the summer or the end of the season. I'm not really sure though."

He currently does not have any other unofficial visit plans on his summer schedule, and he does not have any official visit plans either.

- Rivals dated June 20

Reactions: 11 people
The strength coach is going to have to put about 50 - 60 pounds on this young man. We need to feed this young man cornbread, mash potatoes, corn on the cob, pork chops, steaks, and cheese grits. Then he will be good as gold !! GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!1

The strength coach is going to have to put about 50 - 60 pounds on this young man. We need to feed this young man cornbread, mash potatoes, corn on the cob, pork chops, steaks, and cheese grits. Then he will be good as gold !! GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!1

Not that much weight, we are not making him a Nose Guard. Get him to 230ish and call it a day:p

Reactions: 1 person
Highlights were a bit lacking. Kid is definitely fast though. Maybe we try to turn him into an Eric striker type

He is at 216 right? A DE needs to be around 260 - 275 right? I know we could use him at 250 - 260 but would we want him less than that against OT's ?

He projects as a LB. on his vids he walked up to a two point stance a lot but I saw several where he was covering receivers.

With Jakob probably moving to DE, that's one less LB.

VN Store

Back