'16 GA OT Devin Cochran

The three-star junior offensive tackle from Greater Atlanta Christian School in Norcross, Ga., said he likes Tennessee “a whole lot more” after visiting the Vols for the first time Saturday to attend their junior day, and they’re “definitely one of my top schools” at this point.

“It was a great experience,” said Cochran, who’s a teammate of Tennessee cornerback signee Micah Abernathy. “Loved the coaching staff. The facilities were amazing. Everything about it felt just right. I enjoyed it a lot.

“I mean, they were my first offer, so I had to have interest in them. But coming up here and seeing the school definitely furthered my interest and made me like the school a whole lot more. They’re definitely one of my top schools. I’m not quite sure on my top schools, but they’re just really impressive — very impressive.”

The 6-foot-7, 305-pound Cochran said he was particularly impressed by the Vols’ facilities, including the Anderson Training Center.

“Even though Micah already told me about the facilities, I mean, I walked in and saw that huge, amazing facility — great inside, great weight room,”

GoVols247

Reactions: 1 person
Can't we just wish the guy good luck and congrats for getting his education paid for.

Snarky remarks make us look worried. I'm not worried about Vandy at all.

Reactions: 5 people
I doubt Mason is why he committed. He prob committed since the Wisconsin OC is their OC and he was pitched their run game and OL history from Wisconsin.

i agree. Whats funny though is their run game is absolutely terrible. Its been the worst in the league for about 3 yrs straight now haha. They have no backs other than Webb. Thats what they need to be recruiting.

i just find their whole offensive gameplan really baffling. They dont get the best athletes so using this much "12" and "22" personnel as much as they do makes no sense. They arent going to be able to line up and bulldoze their way down the field like they say they are. They are not Stanford. They need about 3 or 4 Top 25 Classes filled with backs, Lineman and Tight Ends if thats what they are going to do in this league. Right now they are the easiest team in America to prepare for.

Last edited:
I hear ya. Just seemed some comments were coming off as butt hurt. No need considering they're irrelevant.

butt hurt over what? their top 75 recruiting clas? come on man we bash them bc we dont like them. Not because we are worried about them. Trust me when i look at the schedule for this season they are the last team besides the OOC opponents that im worried about.

Reactions: 1 person
i agree. Whats funny though is their run game is absolutely terrible. Its been the worst in the league for about 3 yrs straight now haha. They have no backs other than Webb. Thats what they need to be recruiting.

i just find their whole offensive gameplan really baffling. They dont get the best athletes so using this much "12" and "22" personnel as much as they do makes no sense. They arent going to be able to line up and bulldoze their way down the field like they say they are. They are not Stanford. They need about 3 or 4 Top 25 Classes filled with backs, Lineman and Tight Ends if thats what they are going to do in this league. Right now they are the easiest team in America to prepare for.

I meant their new OC is pitching his Wisconsin stuff not Vandy. They hired wisconsins OC.

I meant their new OC is pitching his Wisconsin stuff not Vandy. They hired wisconsins OC.

but they dont have the players to run that at vandy is the point. He can pitch it all he wants. They'll never have that type of personnel at Vanderbilt as he did at Wisconsin. Theres not enough quality lineman or anywhere close to the level of running backs. They arent recruiting them either. Theres no Melvin Gordon, james white, montee ball, corey clement, etc. They will never have the quality across the board on offense to run that. The only teams in the SEC right now able to do that are Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, UGA and teams like that.

Last edited:
but they dont have the players to run that at vandy is the point. He can pitch it all he wants. They'll never have that type of personnel at Vanderbilt as he did at Wisconsin.

I know. I was just saying the kid prob didn't commit to Mason and bought into the OC. The OC has numbers to pitch because of Melvin Gordon. They might not even be there beyond this yr anyway

I know. I was just saying the kid prob didn't commit to Mason and bought into the OC. The OC has numbers to pitch because of Melvin Gordon. They might not even be there beyond this yr anyway

exactly....he'll prob be gone after this season or next. Theres no way they will score many points this yr.

VN Store

Back