'16 TX RB Trevor Speights

Watching his highlight tape reminds me a little of Reggie Bush's HS tape, but without all the dancing. I guess it's the number of long runs and speed/separation. I like this kid better though because he can also run some people over and seems to enjoy it. Definitely want him to be a Vol.

"I talk to coach G almost every day. When I was up in Tennessee I went there twice so we just bonded and ever since then we've been talking like every day," Speights said. "He's a great guy. I could see myself playing for him and he will push you to the limit and make you a better back and that's what I want."

With friends living in nearby Maryville, Speights was in Tennessee in March for a week and saw Tennessee twice, sandwiched around a trip to Vanderbilt. He likes the history of the Tennessee program and plans to stay in touch moving forward.

"Tennessee is Tennessee," Speights explained. "They're a great and prestigious school and they've won a lot of championships. I can see myself playing for them some day so I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to do that and stop talking to them so I'm continuing to communicate with them."

"I'm just going to try and build strong relationships with every school I'm interested in and then I'll probably make my decision some time in the summer because I want to graduate early and enroll early," Speights explained. "I want a good academic system that can help me acheive my academic goals. I want a chance to play as a freshman and make an impact early. And, being close to home doesn't matter, but it would be nice. Then, exposure. I want to play on a big stage like SEC ball."

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Well spoken, aware of our history, loves Coach G, friends in Maryville.... smellin like oranges up in here.
And likes to be coached and improve. I love guys who want to be pushed. Those guys are the ones who end up being great regardless of rating.

Sounds like the top fall back plan if Walker stays with Ohio St.

The Walker situation will most likely take a long time to play out. I'd say they're probably looking for Speights to fill that all-purpose back spot. They seem to always add at least one APB per class.

VN Store

Back