'18 CA CB Olaijah Griffin (USC signee)

Don't be knowing if reposts are copasetic, but Ima jump right in with this one.

Quote:

“the whole trip is something that i would love to do again,” griffin said, laughing. Griffin decommitted from the bruins on saturday, telling volquest.com, “after just talking with my parents, i didn’t really feel the same way about ucla.” what changed his mind? “tennessee,” he said, smiling. “go vols!”

in less than three weeks, the vols have shot up griffin’s leaderboard, as a knockout official visit has positioned tennessee on top for the blue-chip defensive back. “tennessee is probably the best thing i’ve ever visited,” he said, noting that he still feels that way three weeks later after letting the visit marinate a bit. “the first time i got off the plane, i was like, ‘wow. This is tennessee.’”

“i’ve always been a california (guy), but now that i’m starting to look into the sec it’s kind of crazy,” griffin said. “i had never been to another campus outside california. So when i got to tennessee, i was like, ‘this is amazing.’ this is where my family started from, so i can probably feel like home.”

“(pruitt) thinks i’m a great player, and i think he’s a great coach,” griffin said. “(early playing time) plays a big role, especially in the sec.” tennessee will be in a fight to hold its current momentum for griffin, who said his only goal down in orlando was to earn his 5th star.

With january visits upcoming to usc, michigan and auburn, the vols have to hope another school, staff and campus won’t catch his eye before a final decision on national signing day. Still, sitting in the catbird seat beats trailing for the 4-star corner, who even contemplated signing early with tennessee in december. “(the vols) got a pretty big lead right now.”
- vq

17 year olds change their minds. A lot

Reactions: 1 person

Quote:

“the whole trip is something that i would love to do again,” griffin said, laughing. Griffin decommitted from the bruins on saturday, telling volquest.com, “after just talking with my parents, i didn’t really feel the same way about ucla.” what changed his mind? “tennessee,” he said, smiling. “go vols!”

in less than three weeks, the vols have shot up griffin’s leaderboard, as a knockout official visit has positioned tennessee on top for the blue-chip defensive back. “tennessee is probably the best thing i’ve ever visited,” he said, noting that he still feels that way three weeks later after letting the visit marinate a bit. “the first time i got off the plane, i was like, ‘wow. This is tennessee.’”

“i’ve always been a california (guy), but now that i’m starting to look into the sec it’s kind of crazy,” griffin said. “i had never been to another campus outside california. So when i got to tennessee, i was like, ‘this is amazing.’ this is where my family started from, so i can probably feel like home.”

“(pruitt) thinks i’m a great player, and i think he’s a great coach,” griffin said. “(early playing time) plays a big role, especially in the sec.” tennessee will be in a fight to hold its current momentum for griffin, who said his only goal down in orlando was to earn his 5th star.

With january visits upcoming to usc, michigan and auburn, the vols have to hope another school, staff and campus won’t catch his eye before a final decision on national signing day. Still, sitting in the catbird seat beats trailing for the 4-star corner, who even contemplated signing early with tennessee in december. “(the vols) got a pretty big lead right now.”
- vq

I was starting to lose hope. Thank you for the update!

Reactions: 2 people

Quote:

- vq

Thanks Jimmy!

Fair will be in-home tomorrow with Griffin. Not sure on Helton, too. We’ve long said that USC would be Vols biggest challenger. Be curious on takeaways after visit highs wear off. Distance has been a bit overblown, IMO. Griffin is very comfortable at UT should he choose the Vols.

- Simonton

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back