'18 GA QB Justin Fields

Still two seasons of high school football for these 18 class QBs. Kids mature/develope at different rates. In two years these kids may look totally different physically and skills wise.

Reactions: 3 people
How many elite QBs are there this season? I would think after 1-2 nationally, you arent talking about elite anymore. Maybe the word you want is excellent.

So many 5* QB's bust.

I'd like to see a list of 5* QB's over the last 10 years, and a re-ranking

Reactions: 2 people
So many 5* QB's bust.

I'd like to see a list of 5* QB's over the last 10 years, and a re-ranking

It does seem like a lot more QBs are not panning out than in past. Some of it maybe we haven't seen them yet because they are actually developing behind the scenes like they should but most of the time I think it's throwing kids to he wolves before they are ready too many times now. Coaches feel pressure to play the new kid to play to the fan base. QBs really need to develop for 1-2 years with a sprinkling of playing time to get used to speed like Dormady is doing. Recall Dobbs freshman year. So many on this board gave up on him and said he wasn't good based on a small sample from a kid forced to play too early due to injury.

Probably because they are given their initial ranking around their sophomore year of high school and the rating never deviates that much.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe a HS 5* is already well versed in technique and is about as good as he will get. The same may not be true of a 3* who, with coaching, may get a lot better. Certainly not all 5*, but maybe some. Or... Maybe evaluation is an imprecise process.

Reactions: 1 person
If I'm Fields I just lay it out there. If you're still recruiting Lawrence and Jones, I'm waiting. Let me know when I'm the guy.

Don't forget, this guy has 2 years of high school football to play.

Anything can happen between now and February 7th,2018. Stressing about where we stand with the 2018 class is silly in my book.

Who knows, Fields could go out in game one and tear up a knee and lose his offer. I think I will wait until October or November 2017 to start stressing about who will be our 2018 QB signee.

Don't forget, this guy has 2 years of high school football to play.

Anything can happen between now and February 7th,2018. Stressing about where we stand with the 2018 class is silly in my book.

Who knows, Fields could go out in game one and tear up a knee and lose his offer. I think I will wait until October or November 2017 to start stressing about who will be our 2018 QB signee.

They are coming off the board. Don't wait too long.

Maybe a HS 5* is already well versed in technique and is about as good as he will get. The same may not be true of a 3* who, with coaching, may get a lot better. Certainly not all 5*, but maybe some. Or... Maybe evaluation is an imprecise process.

That has been the knock on Texas hs recruits before. Essentially have already met their full potential by the time they arrive on campus etc.

For 2018 they(QB's) are starting to come off the boards a few at a time. Howeveer, for 2017 we're pretty much out of options for signing another QB.

I guess we're going to go with C.J. Lewis as our only QB signee unless we get a walk-on or two.

Last edited:
For 2018 they(QB's) are starting to come off the boards a few at a time. Howeveer, for 2017 we're prett much out of options for signing another QB.

I guess we're going to go with C.J. Lewis as our only QB signee unless we get a walk-on or two.

Yeah, CJ Lewis is fairly safe I'd think. He had to jump through a lot of hoops to get his committable offer. Looks to be the guy this year.

Nobody is off the board until NSD.... Coaches get fired, coaches have affairs then wreck motorcycles with their mistress on back, coaches quit because of heart problems, coaches leave in the middle of the night when a 'dream job' opens, coaches go pro, etc....

"2018 4-star QB Justin Fields is expected on campus this weekend. I think he may be lining up to be Tennessee's top target moving forward and for good reason IMO.

Check out his scrimmage tape below from last week. He's got a lot of buzz around him right now."

- Fortenberry

Pope High School - Justin Fields highlights - Hudl

What about the Schoenwald kid for 2018 from the state of Tennessee? He's a 4* QB too & would be considered a local target.

From what I've read & we(UT) ourselves are recruiting him as a QB. He has the size & skills to be a QB if you ask me & not a TE first type of player.

You are using yourself as a source again. It has been stated that we are looking at him at TE.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back