'18 GA S Trevon Flowers (Tennessee signee)

I would really love to land a solid Safety in this class. Since Nikko Hall can't get his grades up, it's kinda left us with a hole back there in my opinion. We are still zoning in on a couple of CBs for this class, but I hope they leave a spot for a Safety. This guy seems to be the highest rated Safety we still are in on I guess. Down to Vols or Clemson. Go Vols!

As for Corbin and Flowers, both prospects have become major factors recently. Tennessee has tried to get Flowers on campus for three weeks, with his SEC waiver finally cleared for a trip this weekend. In the time between, Flowers has heard from a number of other schools, getting an offer from Clemson on Monday. He visited the Tigers the last two days. Corbin has reemerged as a Tennessee target, too, as Robert Gillespie visited the tailback three times in the last three weeks — including an in-home with Jeremy Pruitt to secure Corbin’s final OV this weekend. This one is shaping up to be a Tennessee-Texas A&M battle at the end.

-VQ

Possibly some wiggle room here with the rules. He can definitely get on as a baseball scholarship but would eventually have to count as an initial counter at some point if he plays football. It's all in how they time things.

d702b4cc7c2372fb3935cd506a3bcffc.png

Reactions: 2 people
Just spoke with Trevon Flowers...

He said the visit was good in what's been a crazy last couple of weeks. He will decide between Tennessee, Clemson and Kentucky.

He visited Clemson Wed-Friday then came to Tennessee.

All three have a plan for him to play baseball and he's just trying to decide what school.

"Anywhere I go will be a good place, I'm just trying to decide what place is the best place for me."

Full story coming...

- Hubbs

Flowers is a pure Safety prospect. We need this guy. Had he not been a baseball recruit and played more than one year of football, perhaps his rating would be higher. No matter, comments such as this will come off as a similar opinion to other lower composite recruits we land, but Flowers really is underrated.

tucker, georgia athlete trevon flowers was heading into his senior year at tucker high school and said why not play football? “i talked myself into it. I played 7th grade. It was my senior year so why not. I knew i could do it.” “it's been good but it's been hard,” flowers said. “anywhere i go it will be a good situation, but i want to be in the best situation.”

flowers “good” opportunities include tennessee, clemson, and kentucky. Flowers visited kentucky a couple of weeks ago. Wednesday through friday, he visited clemson. This weekend it was tennessee's turn to try and impress.

“it was good,” flowers said. I enjoyed it. I really liked the people that i was around, the players, the coaches and staff. “they definitely know what they are doing. They like me at corner, safety and nickel.”

“it was good,” flowers said of the baseball part of the visit. They have a good plan mapped out for me to do both and what helps is that it was clear both coaches (vitelo and pruitt) want me.” flowers said he knows a couple of baseball players committed to play at tennessee and felt comfortable both the football and baseball players all weekend. Now, with signing day looming on wednesday, it's decision time for 6-foot, 185 pound safety.

“i will talk it over with my parents and coaches today or tomorrow and go from there,” flowers said. “i'm trying to decide where will i be more comfortable at in the next chapter of my life. “that's what i gotta talk about. It's all happened so quick.”

- vq

-uk is uk

-Other than 2015 (super regionals) Clemson baseball hasnt done anything

-ut hasnt done anything in baseball for long time. Hopefully we can get this...

-uk is uk

-Other than 2015 (super regionals) Clemson baseball hasnt done anything

-ut hasnt done anything in baseball for long time. Hopefully we can get this...

Clemson is one hell of a place to play baseball. If baseball is a factor in his decision that is a major plus for them compared to the other 2 schools

Clemson is one hell of a place to play baseball. If baseball is a factor in his decision that is a major plus for them compared to the other 2 schools

You right... sucks ut baseball has been horrendous for the last what 8+ years...

“i mean, it’s what i expected,” said flowers, who’s now planning to play both football and baseball in college. "the facilities are nice. I mean, there was nothing bad about it — they’re pretty good, actually. I love the people that were around me. I love the coaches. “they’re up there. I’ve just got a big thought process i’ve got to think about these next couple days.”

new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt, safeties coach charles kelly, cornerbacks coach terry fair and co-defensive coordinator chris rumph all had been in contact with flowers, he said, over the past few weeks. The visit allowed them to spend more time with him and reiterate to him that he’s a high priority for the vols. “i mean, they want me bad,” said flowers. "i’m pretty sure i have a great chance of playing freshman year at any db position. … i have a great chance to start.”

flowers said he has “more of a relationship with the tennessee coaches, as of now, just because i knew them longer and i know more about them,” and he likes what he has seen and heard from “pretty much the whole staff” there. “they were pretty much the first school to start talking to me — well, first big school to start talking to me — so i’m pretty familiar with all of them,” he said. “i feel like tennessee’s going to have some success. I mean, i feel it, and their background. I mean, everybody knows coach pruitt is pretty good. And the coaches along with him, they’re pretty good, too. Tennessee, they will be up.”

kentucky hosted flowers on an official visit the weekend of jan. 19, and he said the wildcats’ football coaches have “been in contact with me” recently. But he said they recently have told him “they’d have to put me on scholarship in january.”

“i mean, they want me,” he said. “but i’d probably have to be on scholarship in january, if i was to go, because he gave up so many initials already.” because of that, his decision could come down to clemson and tennessee. “i mean, that plays a big part,” flowers said. “that plays a big part. I mean, unless anything changes in the next couple days. But (kentucky’s coaches) still want me bad. There’s nothing he can really do.”

flowers said he plans to announce his decision wednesday on his twitter account, and he insisted he’s not sure yet where he wants to go. “honestly, i couldn’t tell you,” he said. "i’m still in the process. I haven’t even gotten home yet, so i’ll probably just talk it over with my family and my coaches.”

VN Store

Back