'19 JUCO RB/SS Caleb Roebuck

nice. bet we land him as our true FB

Please let this be true . I want to go back to using a full back so bad and getting back to smash mouth football . I get giddy thinking about us settting up in a “ Power I “ with the qb under center on a 3rd and 1 or just hammering it in over the goal line .

Reactions: 1 person
nice. bet we land him as our true FB

Curious what makes you say fullback? If the measurements are accurate he's smaller and faster than some of the other RB's we're recruiting. Does he play FB in Juco? I don't really know anything about him.

Curious what makes you say fullback? If the measurements are accurate he's smaller and faster than some of the other RB's we're recruiting. Does he play FB in Juco? I don't really know anything about him.

it's............ *sigh*...........

it's cause he's white......

... again :pinch:

yes, he is. he's danny woodhead, not shawn bryson or will bartholomew.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Believe the vertical and squat. Not sure on 4.46 at all. Looks like a hardnosed player

If you believe the vertical, then you should believe the 40 time also. Your 40 is primarily determined by your ability to generate force through the ground. As is your vertical. The two are highly correlated.

Below is every RB who ran between 4.4-4.5 at the combine. Only one of them (Barkley) had a higher vertical than his. That same player had a 41 inch vertical and a 4.4 forty. Given his 36 inch falls between Barkley and Ballage, his forty most likely does to. They ran a 4.40 and a 4.46

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Kalen Ballage | NFL.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Rashaad Penny | NFL.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Derrius Guice | NFL.com

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Saquon Barkley | NFL.com

Last edited:
And if you’ve never done so, check out Ryan Flahertey’s studies on force relative to body weight and overall speed. It’s amazing work and I used his principles when training football players.

Basically to jump out of a pool, you have to be able to generate a ton of force through the ground. Which means he can probably deadlift a huge amount relative to his weight.

Which means, I have zero doubts that he is super fast.

Maybe the coaches saw something at the camp. We should let the coaches do their job until they prove they can’t.

There will be mistakes. Let’s see how this works out.

i don't see the speed for anything other than FB. I see the physicality for FB and with an added 30-40 pounds, a fullback.

I doubt he's being recruited for anything else, besides maaaaybe SS.

Just based on the film, could be wrong, likely am

i don't see the speed for anything other than FB. I see the physicality for FB and with an added 30-40 pounds, a fullback.

Seems silly to recruit a JUCO you think lacks speed for RB to be a fullback that is undersized. By the time he gets that weight on he'd be a senior.

Uhh at 205 and running a 4.46 you realize he is faster than John Kelly right? I don't understand your thinking on the FB situation for him to be a FB he would have to add about 40lbs. To be a BIG RB and retain his speed all he would have to do is gain about 10lbs which is easy to gain in muscle. So...... Yeah explain your thought process here please.

Uhh at 205 and running a 4.46 you realize he is faster than John Kelly right? I don't understand your thinking on the FB situation for him to be a FB he would have to add about 40lbs. To be a BIG RB and retain his speed all he would have to do is gain about 10lbs which is easy to gain in muscle. So...... Yeah explain your thought process here please.

He explained it in his post... "based on film"

Sounds to me like he's just not buying the 40 time, which is fair. 4.46 at 205 is very rare for a high schooler.

FWIW, he wouldn't be returning kickoffs for a Mississippi JUCO if he couldn't run...

IMO the 40 time is believable.

VN Store

Back