2/23/2008

I would bet my house that he has. Doubt he's swimming in the murky waters here though.

There's a big difference in texting a player a few too many times and acknowledging it, and telling a recruit that I'm doing something against the rules and lying about it.

Reactions: 1 person
The BBQ was already planned, not for Craft, who was already a commit, so no advantage gained. It was a team function. And Pearl told Craft and his father that per NCAA rules, because Craft was still a junior, they were technically not allowed to attend functions off campus. But, both agreed that "I won't tell if you won't."

That is the part that should sour people on Craft and his father as much as Pearl. Pearl should have played by the rules, especially since he had broken the same rule at UW-MILWAUKEE (and this is why he initially lied about the BBQ...he was a repeat offender). However, Craft and his father, after decommitting once childhood favorite Ohio St offered...despite not giving then the time of day early on...The Crafts gave Thad Matta photographs of the BBQ and basically told him to do what you want with them. The assumption is that Matta, for whatever reason, turned them over to the NCAA, and the rest is history.

The irony is, Pearl has his current team on the cusp of a 2 seed in the NCAAT and Matta is on his couch watching after "mutually agreeing to step down"...aka, being forced to resign.

One of the reasons why I hate Ohio St. And for Matta, Karma is a B1tch

VN Store

Back