2016 GA DE Mykelle McDaniel signs with Tennessee

CoEQyCPUAAAnOUe.jpg

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/242441-16-ga-de-mykelle-mcdaniel.html

Big boom!!

Reactions: 2 people
Great news, I was concerned with our lack of Freshman DL numbers in our 2016 class. Although we were fortunate to Redshirt Taylor and Butcher from the 2015 Class.

Way to bring negativity into a positive thread.

We may have folks that would be surprised to find not all doctors finger waving their prostates annually aced their ACTs/SATs. Nor did they all go to Harvard Medical School. Shocking I know but reality bites.

Reactions: 3 people
We may have folks that would be surprised to find not all doctors finger waving their prostates annually aced their ACTs/SATs. Nor did they all go to Harvard Medical School. Shocking I know but reality bites.

MCAT scores are usually the determining factor when it comes to getting into med school.
Anyone that can survive med school deserves some respect. While there are bad docs around, making it through med school is no easy feat.

BOOM! Welcome young man!

It's good to have a replacement for Randolph for the Weeknd Look-A-Like Contests...

6_3648181.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

I'd say very few doctors these days made less than a 25 on the ACT. Luckily, ACT has little to do with the level of pain one can inflict on opposing QB's.

Looks like a very good add...we my get to redshirt him since we actually have some depth...

He also scored a 23 on his first rep with the ACT and aspires to become a doctor.

That green check mark is a nod to what those close to him term a “likely” clearance from the NCAA Clearinghouse. McDaniel was homeschooled up until his ninth grade year at Grayson High School. He took a few high-school level courses as an eighth-grader from an accredited association. He’s now playing the waiting game for those to be approved on his transcript.

I work in healthcare, trust me, there are some that probably scored higher that shouldn't be doctors :ermm:

He can do whatever he wants, as long as he has the "want to".......Welcome to UT!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
23 isn't very good at least for someone who aspires to be a doctor

That's better than I did the first time I took it. I got a 21 on my first attempt. Took me three tries to hit 28. I'm not a doctor, but I went on to do pretty well in college.

Hell, my sister's a podiatrist and I think the highest she ever got on it was a 25 (I think. Might've been a 27).

I do not understand how a kid with an offer list like this can be a 3 star. It would have been easier to make a list of the schools that didn't offer him.

You think we have the depth at DT to redshirt him?

Probably so. Butcher has put on weight to become a hybrid DE/DT type player. We certainly have enough DE's that's for sure.

Take another one of those DE's put some more weight on them & try them at DT. We only need one or maybe two for depth. That's if Alexis Johnson isn't back either by suspension or redshirting.

I do not understand how a kid with an offer list like this can be a 3 star. It would have been easier to make a list of the schools that didn't offer him.

When services don't think a kid will make it in academically, they put their rating a lot lower.

A 23 on act is respectable. He will have the support he needs at UT to maintain a respectable gpa. This is UT, GPA U under CBJ

I was wondering why we take this kid this late in a position we don't need, but seeing his offer list really makes me think this is a good get this late.

I was wondering why we take this kid this late in a position we don't need, but seeing his offer list really makes me think this is a good get this late.

I trust CBJ's evaluation process, not all players end up staying, but he sees potential in this young man, passion and drive and high character are often qualities overlooked in players........let him play, he will prove it on the field.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back