2022 Excitement

As Chip Kelly once said, time of possession just means you're good at standing around.
Yeah the same Chip Kelly who's teams had their butts handed to them by the same caliber teams we have to play every year...🙄

Huepel needs to make adjustments to his philosophy, period.

Last season should have least been 9 wins.
Ole Miss was game was a robbery.

Purdue and Pitt though? Bad coaching in critical situations.

Reactions: ALLVOL 4LIFE
You used South Alabama and Tech as examples??
Of games where we scored 50+ points with limited time of possession, yes. Because...you know...we scored 50+ points in those games.

Look, I'm responding to the guy who said he can't wait to hear people complaining about ToP while winning with 50 points. I was just pointing out that it has happened. Twice.

You can try to read something into that about bragging rights against lesser programs, but you and I both know that wasn't (and isn't) the point, or the topic.

As for Kentucky, they held the ball 46 minutes. And lost to us. You can twist that into pretzels all you like, but they lost. To us. While we held the ball less than 14 minutes.

As Chip Kelly once said, time of possession just means you're good at standing around.
Precisely, my friend!

Last edited:
Yeah the same Chip Kelly who's teams had their butts handed to them by the same caliber teams we have to play every year...🙄

Huepel needs to make adjustments to his philosophy, period.
I prefer Josh Heupel as our coach over you, Little. Sorry.

Reactions: LittleVol
Of games where we scored 50+ points with limited time of possession, yes. Because...you know...we scored 50+ points in those games.

Look, I'm responding to the guy who said he can't wait to hear people complaining about ToP while winning with 50 points. I was just pointing out that it has happened. Twice.

You can try to read something into that about bragging rights against lesser programs, but you and I both know that wasn't (and isn't) the point, or the topic.

As for Kentucky, they held the ball 46 minutes. And lost to us. You can twist that into pretzels all you like, but they lost. To us. While we held the ball less than 14 minutes.

Precisely, my friend!

I only commented because ,I'm right about it.

You or me, are not "fine" with 7-6. Despite the schedule being more difficult than anticipated.

I like Heupel. But too many of you all act like BECAUSE he's the head coach and he has an offense that can put up points that he's above critique.

So you try to push aside my point even though I've even added stats many times as to how we lost games as a result.

But this is a thread about being excited.
So I don't need to win this argument.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I only commented because ,I'm right about it.

You or me, are not "fine" with 7-6. Despite the schedule being more difficult than anticipated.

I like Heupel. But too many of you all act like BECAUSE he's the head coach and he has an offense that can put up points that he's above critique.

So you try to push aside my point even though I've even added stats many times as to how we lost games as a result.

But this is a thread about being excited.
So I don't need to win this argument.

I’m not happy even happy with the 3 losses we have been yearly gifted for wayyyy toooo long. I don’t like the defense being in unfair situations, but really I don’t care how long we have the ball as long as we win.

Plus we should never lose to Pitt or Purdue, idc how good of a season they have, we need to get back where we belong, in the upper echelon of College Football!

Reactions: Hbg
I think this team has the potential to be the best team I’ve ever seen at TN (watching TN football since 2010). 5-0 start is definitely possible. Florida and LSU aren’t going to be that good this year. Pitt will be tricky, but we will be favored.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back