2024 Presidential Race

Serious question for you politicos:

If we all agree Trump supporters can all be loosely categorized into the following categories:

1. Folks with significant wealth
2. Christian Nationalists
3. Rural populations
4. Uneducated folks

then I don't understand those in category 4. Is it due to feeling "left behind" by society? Is it because they don't dig too deeply into the issues and have an adequate understanding of factors that influence their economic situations?? Or is it something else???

I was always amazed as a kid when my dad voted Republican down the ballot, only to see his annual contracts get progressively worse due to a weakened labor union.

If we all agree Trump supporters can all be loosely categorized into the following categories:

3. Rural populations
4. Uneducated folks

then I don't understand those in category 4. Is it due to feeling "left behind" by society? Is it because they don't dig too deeply into the issues and have an adequate understanding of factors that influence their economic situations?? Or is it something else???

I was always amazed as a kid when my dad voted Republican down the ballot, only to see his annual contracts get progressively worse due to a weakened labor union.

LOL sorry my friend but you are clueless.

3. Rural populations
4. Uneducated folks

Maybe they are hurt by illegal immigration, high inflation, etc.
Plus there's the theory that it takes a whole lot of education (indoctrination) to believe that silence is violence but rioting is not, men can be women, etc.

Maybe they are hurt by illegal immigration, high inflation, etc.
Plus there's the theory that it takes a whole lot of education (indoctrination) to believe that silence is violence, men can be women, etc.
I can understand the impact of high inflation on those unable to draw a living wage.
And I can also see the push back one might have on educated folk due to the liberal nature of most university settings.

Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: USF grad in TN

The world is none of our business. How do you think we were able to accrue a significant portion of this $34 trillion of debt? Wars overseas and outsourcing our industrial production. Our business has been war instead of business.

Imagine the good we could have had here if we didn't waste our blood and treasure if we didn't have the Vietnam War and these wars in the sandbox the past 30+ years? Imagine if we used that money and intellectual effort to build nuclear power plants and keep our industries here at home?

If the world has to burn while we close ranks for a while and get our house in order, so be it.

I still carry a wad of cash at all times. My wife makes fun of me, but neither she or the government can track my cash purchases 🤣
I was in Indiana during the first few weeks of Covid and was in line at a gas station. This was about the time that we were going through the shortages in coins/change and all that. Anyways, some guy walked in and started asking a few people if any of them had change for a $100. I happened to hear him and called him over. You would have thought I had a 3rd eye on my forehead the way people were looking at me. One young guy turned around a laughed saying that he doesn't carry any cash.

I've since heard several people openly and voluntarily admit that they don't carry cash.

I was in Indiana during the first few weeks of Covid and was in line at a gas station. This was about the time that we were going through the shortages in coins/change and all that. Anyways, some guy walked in and started asking a few people if any of them had change for a $100. I happened to hear him and called him over. You would have thought I had a 3rd eye on my forehead the way people were looking at me. One young guy turned around a laughed saying that he doesn't carry any cash.

I've since heard several people openly and voluntarily admit that they don't carry cash.

I keep cash in my safe, a couple hundred dollar bills in my wallet and a couple/three/four more in the truck just in case.

You hug your ignorance, dude.

We're talking about the man who was caught on audio bragging about assaulting women, yea, and accused by several women of assaulting them. Paid off a stripper? Married three times, his current wife being an illegal immigrant. Friend of Epstein? Yea, it's fun seeing her sticking it to the lowlife a second time. And maybe she can go for three if he keeps running his mouth.

She can go as long as the LinkedIn guy keeps paying her bills, but they will be overturned case after case on appeal. I find it odd that you lick the boots of those insane democratic judges who think they can run trials the way they have and not be bit.h slapped on appeals. If you have an aneurysm over grab them by the pu..y comments you must absolutely detest slick (53 flights from Epstein) willy j clinton

Reactions: dovervolz

3. Rural populations
4. Uneducated folks

MAGA is, to a large degree, not these groups separately but the last three (an uneducated, church-going rural resident) wrapped into
one person who doesn't think well. A virulent opposition to multiculturalism is a big part of the picture.

MAGA is, to a large degree, not these groups separately but the last three (an uneducated, church-going rural resident) wrapped into
one person who doesn't think well. A virulent opposition to multiculturalism is a big part of the picture.
Support of multiculturism while demeaning multiculture.🤡

The world is none of our business. How do you think we were able to accrue a significant portion of this $34 trillion of debt? Wars overseas and outsourcing our industrial production. Our business has been war instead of business.

Imagine the good we could have had here if we didn't waste our blood and treasure if we didn't have the Vietnam War and these wars in the sandbox the past 30+ years? Imagine if we used that money and intellectual effort to build nuclear power plants and keep our industries here at home?

If the world has to burn while we close ranks for a while and get our house in order, so be it.
1705711242304.png

Reactions: BreatheUT
Appreciate your thoughts on it.
However, I think we can over-generalize at times with these things. I know as many non-MAGA folks as MAGA ones that don't "think well."
I do agree that there seems to be a fear about multiculturalism, and a fear of a society that doesn't seem familiar any longer.

It wasn’t that long ago some watering holes and hidden lunch spots were cash only. Nowadays you’d be hard pressed to remain open not taking cards.

It wasn’t that long ago some watering holes and hidden lunch spots were cash only. Nowadays you’d be hard pressed to remain open not taking cards.

We have at least 3 here in Gallatin that are still cash only. Our favorite breakfast spot is cash only and you can get a tenderloin, 2 eggs, home fries with biscuits and gravy for under $6.

VN Store

Back