2024 Presidential Race

People on both sides have a lot more emotional investment in issues, public offices and people than I do.
We don't come to much agree to disagree positions here even though none of our thoughts are affecting public policy.
Paul, in his letter to the Romans, said Roman culture invented new ways to sin. I feel like we invent new ways to argue just to fight.

We're fighting over some big issues...including serious corruption and lawbreaking by a president, corruption in the Supreme Court, rampant gun violence in the country....among others.

"The states are imperative for Biden due to Trump’s surge in the sunbelt states of Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and North Carolina. In those four states, Trump leads Biden between three and six points in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and North Carolina, FiveThirtyEight’s polling averages show."

You made a fatal mistake. Trumpers live in an alternate reality, they do not experience the same reality as I (and you?) do.

I mean this literally.
I have been forced to reluctantly accept this conclusion.

It's shocking...........and sad.

Reactions: VolTull
Those don't seem like good qualities to pursue but each of us is free to follow our own path.
What? Who's pursuing those qualities? That make absolutely zero sense.

I'll break it down for you............
Believing in the myth that a significant percentage of trumpers would eventually get a clue is what brought me peace and contentment. Having to acknowledge the fact that it was only a myth brings the opposite.

Believing in the myth that a significant percentage of trumpers would eventually get a clue is what brought me peace and contentment. Having to acknowledge the fact that it was only a myth brings the opposite.
Now that you mention it, you do seem to consistently exhibit whatever the opposite of peace and contentment is (irritated and troubled??)
Hope that improves for you.

Serious request:

Take a step back today and try to look at the state of the country as a detached observer. What do you see? Do you acknowledge the immigration crisis? Do you see an economy that has a huge percentage of Americans and businesses straining to make ends meet? Do you see us as the most influential power in the world, helping to keep peace abroad? DO you see a fairly united populace willing to look past our differences enough to put America first and fight for each other like brothers and sisters, when threatened from outside the family?

Look also at the POTUS. Do you see a man with the mental faculties to lead the Country? The World?

In a few months, barring a replacement of Biden on the ticket due to medical necessity, one of two people will be President. As an outside observer without the need to defend all the time and personal energy you have devoted to supporting your "side," is there really any way you can honestly say that we don't HAVE to move in a new direction?

Despite BB's TDS-Tourette's and drunken tirades, many of us are far from MAGA Trump supporters. We are realists that see a nation and world in disarray, and we realize that there is only one choice we can make to attempt to right the ship.

"The states are imperative for Biden due to Trump’s surge in the sunbelt states of Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and North Carolina. In those four states, Trump leads Biden between three and six points in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and North Carolina, FiveThirtyEight’s polling averages show."

Possibly but a lot can change between now and November. If I remember correctly, Trump was polling high in 2020 about this time.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Now that you mention it, you do seem to consistently exhibit whatever the opposite of peace and contentment is (irritated and troubled??)
Hope that improves for you.
Amen, brother. That's no way to live. I've been there before, but I made a conscious decision and the changes necessary in my life to seek peace and happiness. It's not a passive thing, one has to be intentional.

Amen, brother. That's no way to live. I've been there before, but I made a conscious decision and the changes necessary in my life to seek peace and happiness. It's not a passive thing, one has to be intentional.

Agreed.

A real wise person explained it to me like this: both the hummingbird and the Buzzard wake up every morning looking for what they want. The hummingbird is looking for something sweet from Something Beautiful and the Buzzard is looking from something rancid from something dead. They both find what they're looking for.

I prefer to look for beauty and sweetness.

Serious request:

Take a step back today and try to look at the state of the country as a detached observer. What do you see? Do you acknowledge the immigration crisis? Do you see an economy that has a huge percentage of Americans and businesses straining to make ends meet? Do you see us as the most influential power in the world, helping to keep peace abroad? DO you see a fairly united populace willing to look past our differences enough to put America first and fight for each other like brothers and sisters, when threatened from outside the family?

Look also at the POTUS. Do you see a man with the mental faculties to lead the Country? The World?

In a few months, barring a replacement of Biden on the ticket due to medical necessity, one of two people will be President. As an outside observer without the need to defend all the time and personal energy you have devoted to supporting your "side," is there really any way you can honestly say that we don't HAVE to move in a new direction?

Despite BB's TDS-Tourette's and drunken tirades, many of us are far from MAGA Trump supporters. We are realists that see a nation and world in disarray, and we realize that there is only one choice we can make to attempt to right the ship.
None of that is fixed with Trump. Either choice just hastens our demise and the only real argument left is about the speed at which it happens.

None of that is fixed with Trump. Either choice just hastens our demise and the only real argument left is about the speed at which it happens.
Well, pre-Covid, we seemed to be doing pretty damn well. The economy was in much better shape, steps were being taken to curb the difficult immigration problem, and there were no major wars. We also weren't wasting political time and money on BS issues like gender equality, gun "control," and global warming.

I tend to agree with this post but that is why I still vote Republican for the most part. Sometimes they slow it down or roll it back some but they generally tend to be leading us in the wrong way as well.

Interesting, I am starting to see a slow build in momentum to push back on the craziness from both ends but it is still a small part.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I really don't believe it's enough of a difference to really matter if Trump takes office for the right. It could just make it worse
My question isn't pertaining to any candidate, president, or politician.

I've listened to others make a case for a both a speedy and slow demise. Which do you prefer?

My question isn't pertaining to any candidate, president, or politician.

I've listened to others make a case for a both a speedy and slow demise. Which do you prefer?
Not sure really. Prolong the inevitable or rip the bandaid off? Honestly I lean a little more toward the ripping it off side. I don't think the 50 stay together in the long run and maybe we can do that before it needs guns to happen

Not sure really. Prolong the inevitable or rip the bandaid off? Honestly I lean a little more toward the ripping it off side. I don't think the 50 stay together in the long run and maybe we can do that before it needs guns to happen
Do you think the demise is inevitable or is there still time to reverse course?

Serious request:

Biden has been leading the country--and leading it well---and while he's older than many would like, there's no reason why he can keep doing a good job for another four years. He's got a professional staff, a professional cabinet, a professional administration--not a bunch of lightweight dopes in major decision-making positions. Let's also make the point that he's a decent individual and not deeply corrupt. He likes our allies, which MOST people would consider a major plus. And he's not a traitorous dupe for America's chief strategic adversary, which MOST people would also consider a major plus. He supports America's democratic foundation and doesn't fancy himself, stupidly, as a white Idi Amin with a dentures and a spray-on tan. He's never tried to subvert an election or incite an attack on the U.S. Capitol that got people killed--kind of a big deal, dontcha think? He doesn't appoint dumb family members to White House positions, where they don't belong. Another plus. He doesn't abuse his power or lie transparently 24/7 or make an embarrassing fool of himself with his WWE clown act when he speaks. He's never been indicted or been held liable for sexual assault.

As for the economy, it's in pretty solid shape: the jobless rate has been at a 50-year (or is it all-time) low for more than a year. The stock market has been booming.

"Do you see a fairly united populace willing to look past our differences....." Whoa, fella--don't make us laugh. You think the gangster is a unifying force? Take your meds, dude--he's the opposite.

Biden has strengthened America's global influence---greatly: NATO, a bedrock of American foreign policy, is stronger and more unified than ever before. You think a man who wants to appease and please the war criminal in Moscow is good for America?

Your viewpoints need serious adjustment, man--and you need to understand that having a deeply corrupt man in the White House is very dangerous for the country. You also need to learn more about the concept of strategic interests, which America has had since its creation, should have, and will always have.

VN Store

Back