2024 season ticket renewals going out now

I received my Dear John letter on future season tickets. I just missed upgrading to MVP seats by about 8000 donors! 😂

They don't even give you your money back. They are asking what season tickets for another sport I want it applied to.

I received my Dear John letter on future season tickets. I just missed upgrading to MVP seats by about 8000 donors! 😂

They don't even give you your money back. They are asking what season tickets for another sport I want it applied to.
Did you lose your current non-mvp season tickets?

no. I'm still good. I just wanted to upgrade but I knew going in it would never happen.
They're going to keep this ticket stuff up till the highest price possible is discovered. But. some people are just acting like they will to pay another increase in 2025 as they renewed and paid the increase in 2024. Saying is one thing, paying is another. Will be interesting to watch the supply demand thingy play out.

They're going to keep this ticket stuff up till the highest price possible is discovered. But. some people are just acting like they will to pay another increase in 2025 as they renewed and paid the increase in 2024. Saying is one thing, paying is another. Will be interesting to watch the supply demand thingy play out.
One nice thing about the stadium is if Tony ever left (he won't) they wouldn't bring in another Todd Raleigh. They can't afford to now. Have to pay the bills for the upgrades!

It's not great to come in here and see all the complaints about the Tennessee Fund. I've had the same experience. I've been on the wait list since just after the 2020 season. My son started high school and is on the baseball team. I felt like this would be great time spent with him watching something that he was passionate about. I reserved a four top. I did this in the first wave and made the 28th reservation. When the first wave ended their were still more than ten 4 topps left. I was assured that I would have a pick regardless of donor rank because of this. I was asked to purchase basketball season tickets with my football tickets to improve my odds as well. I go to all the games. I don't transfer many tickets. Fast forward to yesterday and I recieved my dear John letter explaing that my donor rank was way to low to even be considered. Again, I was assured multiple times that donor rank would not be involved because I reserved so early and bought $7k worth of basketball season tickets that I wouldn't have normally bought. I feel like I've been lied to and extorted. I'm only going to keep my football tickets one more year as freshman aren't high on the list for football tickets due to the current student population. Next fall I will have my second child enrolled at the University. My third is currently being recruited by 3 division one schools and I hope she picks somewhere else. I don't think I'm going to be spending much more money with the University at this point. I am in my early 40s and would've held and supported the university athletics for the next 20+ years. Now I'm going to sit at home on my 4k projector and watch games.

It's not great to come in here and see all the complaints about the Tennessee Fund. I've had the same experience. I've been on the wait list since just after the 2020 season. My son started high school and is on the baseball team. I felt like this would be great time spent with him watching something that he was passionate about. I reserved a four top. I did this in the first wave and made the 28th reservation. When the first wave ended their were still more than ten 4 topps left. I was assured that I would have a pick regardless of donor rank because of this. I was asked to purchase basketball season tickets with my football tickets to improve my odds as well. I go to all the games. I don't transfer many tickets. Fast forward to yesterday and I recieved my dear John letter explaing that my donor rank was way to low to even be considered. Again, I was assured multiple times that donor rank would not be involved because I reserved so early and bought $7k worth of basketball season tickets that I wouldn't have normally bought. I feel like I've been lied to and extorted. I'm only going to keep my football tickets one more year as freshman aren't high on the list for football tickets due to the current student population. Next fall I will have my second child enrolled at the University. My third is currently being recruited by 3 division one schools and I hope she picks somewhere else. I don't think I'm going to be spending much more money with the University at this point. I am in my early 40s and would've held and supported the university athletics for the next 20+ years. Now I'm going to sit at home on my 4k projector and watch games.
For sure, it is nothing but brass tacks with this regime. I, along with some others on here, made mention that the vast majority of the new seating is all high dollar stuff. We only had a net gain of about 450 seats in this latest edition of expansion once the 500+ temporary blechers are accounted for. The new upper levels that are coming are 100% club seat, loge, mezzanie, box or some kind of other expensive tickets. Based on the numbers in that e-mail, they could have sold more general seating tickets. A LOT more.
  • Non-premium season tickets - Rank 1,994
  • 4Topps season tickets - Rank 835
  • MVP season tickets - Rank 41
  • Rocky Top Club - N/A (coming in 2025)
  • Personal Suites - N/A (coming in 2025)
Looking at that, there were thousands of potential buyers before they would have ever got to me. When all this talk about expanding the stadium came up, the board had discussions about what a good capacity would be. I agreed with the folks that said about 8000. In hindsight, they could easily have gone to 10000 and sold out all the season tickets. This is going to be the toughest ticket in town for UT sports.

Genuinely hurts to read this. Had the same exact experience with a 4Topp. Got in first day and just knew I had one. Showed they had 4Topp inventory left after the first opening so I was in! Already had lower level seats in basketball, season tickets in baseball, and carried 4 chairback seats in football- so surely that was enough.

Got the automated email last year "updating" the process and contacted them. Found out their new approach completely contradicted the original deposit language. Showed them all the communications stating what you and I both understood... didn't care in the least. They were shifting to rank.

Currently trying to untangle the mess with 2 deposits (I put another $250 down on a porch knowing it was a dream). I was told in Sept. of 2022 (!) those would be applied to my 2023 baseball tickets. They were not. Yet somehow now they show only one deposit now.

The machine is has turned into is very disappointing.

Reactions: VolDC
For sure, it is nothing but brass tacks with this regime. I, along with some others on here, made mention that the vast majority of the new seating is all high dollar stuff. We only had a net gain of about 450 seats in this latest edition of expansion once the 500+ temporary blechers are accounted for. The new upper levels that are coming are 100% club seat, loge, mezzanie, box or some kind of other expensive tickets. Based on the numbers in that e-mail, they could have sold more general seating tickets. A LOT more.
  • Non-premium season tickets - Rank 1,994
  • 4Topps season tickets - Rank 835
  • MVP season tickets - Rank 41
  • Rocky Top Club - N/A (coming in 2025)
  • Personal Suites - N/A (coming in 2025)
Looking at that, there were thousands of potential buyers before they would have ever got to me. When all this talk about expanding the stadium came up, the board had discussions about what a good capacity would be. I agreed with the folks that said about 8000. In hindsight, they could easily have gone to 10000 and sold out all the season tickets. This is going to be the toughest ticket in town for UT sports.
I had 0 chance due to my donor rank as well. I didn't start buying season tickets until it became hard to get tickets to the games. UT has such a draw though that I am just an easily replaced number. I had always intended to be a long term season ticket holder. I'm paying for 2 sets of tuition for my oldest kids, and the third hopefully goes somewhere else. I don't want to give them another dime.

Genuinely hurts to read this. Had the same exact experience with a 4Topp. Got in first day and just knew I had one. Showed they had 4Topp inventory left after the first opening so I was in! Already had lower level seats in basketball, season tickets in baseball, and carried 4 chairback seats in football- so surely that was enough.

Got the automated email last year "updating" the process and contacted them. Found out their new approach completely contradicted the original deposit language. Showed them all the communications stating what you and I both understood... didn't care in the least. They were shifting to rank.

Currently trying to untangle the mess with 2 deposits (I put another $250 down on a porch knowing it was a dream). I was told in Sept. of 2022 (!) those would be applied to my 2023 baseball tickets. They were not. Yet somehow now they show only one deposit now.

I'm just going to support Vitello and the boys with tv ratings from home at this point.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I sent an email to Donde Plowman and Danny White. I recieved a email from Brady Hart asking me to call him. I politely told him he was wasting his time with me at this point, but you may want to reach out. I don't know if there is a resolution. I just politely told them I had better things to spend money on at this point.

VN Store

Back