2024 SEC Tournament

As I am watching the tournament.....

There are about 6,7 SEC teams that if things broke the right way could make the Final Four.

I don't remember the league having that many.

Kentucky, Auburn, South Carolina, Bama, Florida, Miss State, A&M, and Vols

We just need to play like we did after losing to A&M for 6 games.

There are about 6,7 SEC teams that if things broke the right way could make the Final Four.

I agree, many good teams in the SEC. I hate to admit it but after watching your Gators today I’m impressed. I didn’t realize how deep and talented you guys are. Should be a good game tmw.

Funny this is that that those same 7 teams could just as easily get bounced really early. They are talented teams with loads of potential, but also not perfect teams by any stretch.

With that said, this has been a fun year for SEC basketball.

Reactions: Volfan1000
for teams already in the NCAA is truly a crap shoot. Florida lose it's 7'1" big man to a horrific ankle injury. Likely an open(bone through the skin) ankle fracture.
I don’t care one thing for ESPN, but that was about the most professional coverage of a horrific injury as I have ever seen. Both of those guys did not say a word until time to go to commercial, and then they gave a brief update with pertinent information. You could have heard a cricket fart in that arena, too.
Prayers for that young man 🙏

florida's handgloten seriously injured and on way to vanderbilt hospital

espn had muted sound while michah was being treated

some background on michah and dad upcoming

So much dislike for the “Pearlites” as they take an early and somewhat dominate lead over Gator world. Not that I like FL either, but Pearl and the talk around this forum with some will begin. I had Pearl fatigue years ago.

Reactions: Jravol78
So much dislike for the “Pearlites” as they take an early and somewhat dominate lead over Gator world. Not that I like FL either, but Pearl and the talk around this forum with some will begin. I had Pearl fatigue years ago.
I am fairly neutral on Bruce Pearl . I appreciate what he did here but do not sit around pining for his return and am generally very happy with CRB . Having said that as far as today goes I gotta say go gators 🤢as much as it pains me to do so .

Reactions: ArdentVol
I am fairly neutral on Bruce Pearl . I appreciate what he did here but do not sit around pining for his return and am generally very happy with CRB . Having said that as far as today goes I gotta say go gators 🤢as much as it pains me to do so .
Lol..yeah it’s a rare day when I ever pull for Gators, but I was raised to dislike any team coming from AL and unfortunately that’s where BP landed. Gotta admit he’s a good coach though

I’m at Bridgestone today. I would take Pearl back as our coach in a heartbeat. I said what I said.

Remembering his trash performance in the postseason, no way.

Making the tournament six consecutive years in a row, reaching two sweet Sixteens and one Elite Eight, and being one kiss-ass officiating peformance way from a Final Four is trash? Huh. Had no idea.

I'm not moping about Pearl coming back or anything, but calling that trash is a real stretch.

Making the tournament six consecutive years in a row, reaching two sweet Sixteens and one Elite Eight, and being one kiss-ass officiating peformance way from a Final Four is trash? Huh. Had no idea.

I'm not moping about Pearl coming back or anything, but calling that trash is a real stretch.
Remembering his 6-6 record in the SEC tournament, his absolutely atrocious loss to Michigan in embarrassing fashion despite the clear best player in 20 years on his roster, his consistent disappointments against inferior competition in the SEC and NCAA tournaments, and his lying to the administration when they had girded themselves to defend him against the NCAA. He orchestrated his own fall, we don't need to have him back to watch him coast to retirement.

Reactions: EasternVol

Our best team in maybe history was bitch slapped in the round of 16 by Louisville. You don't get away with touting "6 NCAATs in a row" when with Barnes making the NCAAT isnt' good enough. Pearl's best teams here underachieved in the NCAAT.

Reactions: vol94
Remembering his 6-6 record in the SEC tournament, his absolutely atrocious loss to Michigan in embarrassing fashion despite the clear best player in 20 years on his roster, his consistent disappointments against inferior competition in the SEC and NCAA tournaments, and his lying to the administration when they had girded themselves to defend him against the NCAA. He orchestrated his own fall, we don't need to have him back to watch him coast to retirement.

Half that stuff you just said has nothing to do with postseason performance. What does his lying the administration have to do with evaluating his postseason performances? It's clear you despise the guy, but that doesn't make his NCAA tournament performances trash.

Our best team in maybe history was bitch slapped in the round of 16 by Louisville. You don't get away with touting "6 NCAATs in a row" when with Barnes making the NCAAT isnt' good enough. Pearl's best teams here underachieved in the NCAAT.

lol what? What am I getting away with? When did I say Barnes making the tournament isn't good enough? All I said was Pearl's NCAA tournament performances at Tennessee weren't trash. They weren't. You're free to think otherwise. It's clear you do. Lotta hate, I guess.

Half that stuff you just said has nothing to do with postseason performance. What does his lying the administration have to do with evaluating his postseason performances? It's clear you despise the guy, but that doesn't make his NCAA tournament performances trash.
Beyond the negative effect it had on the team that postseason, it goes with the other point: I don't want him back for not only being a poor postseason coach (and honestly how did we end up 3rd and 5th in the East with our rosters those last two years?), but for making it impossible for our administration to trust him. Plus he's 63 years old, we don't want to hire somebody to coast into retirement.

lol what? What am I getting away with? When did I say Barnes making the tournament isn't good enough? All I said was his NCAA tournament performances weren't trash. They weren't. You're free to think otherwise. It's clear you do.

I literally just referenced one that was trash. Unless you think that was a great performance. Or maybe the blowing a 20 point lead to Ohio St. was a great peformance.

Bruce was the best salesman HT Hackney ever had. And junior was the best medical supply salesman that’s ever set foot in Knoxville.

Bruce was the best salesman HT Hackney ever had. And junior was the best medical supply salesman that’s ever set foot in Knoxville.

It feels like Junior's run his mouth about Tennessee this year more than he has his own team. For being a decade removed from the great picnic panic, he sure does have a chip on the ol' shoulder.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back