-Aaron Scott F North Texas 6’7” 190lbs 1 year
-Cade Tyson F Belmont 6’7” 200lbs 2 years
-Saint Thomas F Northern Colorado 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
-Darlinstone Dubar F Hofstra 6’8” 210lbs 1 year
-Tucker Anderson F Central Ark 6’9” 190lbs 3 years
-Eric Dailey Jr. F Oklahoma State 6’8” 230lbs 3 years
-Malik Dia F Belmont 6’9” 240lbs 2 years
-Rueben Chinyelu Washington State 6’11” 245lbs 3 years

Awaka undersized? Last I checked he was 6’8” 250 pounds of pure muscle and strong as an Ox. He held up against Broome, Edey, Kalkbrenner, etc better than anybody else on the team.

Got to believe eventually the light will turn with Awaka regarding the fouling issue. That’s one of the more correctable traits you can coach a player out of. Being soft as charmin like Aidoo is not.
He held up against Kalkbrenner/Edey defensively in the tournament but was atrocious offensively against them. Couldn’t handle length at all. Didn’t really have any moves except just going into the post defender and then when he got stuck he just threw up bad shots trying to get it over length. That was something that caught my attention. I just have too many questions for him to start personally

I don’t disagree. However, if we landed some big name post player who would appear to be line to start ahead of Estrella, does Estrella decide to look around? Just such a delicate situation right now with this roster. Seems like everyone has an offer on the table to go elsewhere and one mishap will lead to a player leaving for greener pastures.

Hate being so negative about this. Just seems like we were caught with our pants down from a $$$ perspective. And if we aren’t willing to shell out money to keep a guy who, for all the criticism he received, was an all conference player, it’s hard to imagine we will be willing to shell out significant amounts of money for a replacement.
Well we didn't pay ON but paid a healthy sum to Knecht. I've also read we paid to keep Aidoo last year and Dillione this year. Now both are leaving. Kinda tells me that we just didn't feel like those 2 warranted the asking price. Dillione definitely not and perhaps Aidoo's price went up? You know it had to frustrate Barnes to have Aidoo disappear in some of those late season comtests to the point of sitting him. Something tells me it wasn't just about the money with Aidoo.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Updated list:

-Javian McCollum Oklahoma State 6’1” 170lbs 1 year
-Malik Mack PG Harvard 6’1” 170lbs 3 years
-Chaz Lanier SG North Florida 6’4” 175lbs 1 year
-Jayden Stone G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 180lbs 1 year
-Marcus Tankersley G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 193lbs 2 years
-Roddy Gayle G Ohio State 6’4” 205lbs 2 years
-BJ Freeman G UW-Milwaukee 6’6” 200lbs 1 year
-Trey Townsend F Oakland 6’6” 212lbs 1 year
-Aaron Scott F North Texas 6’7” 190lbs 1 year
-Cade Tyson F Belmont 6’7” 200lbs 2 years
-Saint Thomas F Northern Colorado 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
-Darlinstone Dubar F Hofstra 6’8” 210lbs 1 year
-Tucker Anderson F Central Ark 6’9” 190lbs 3 years
-Eric Dailey Jr. F Oklahoma State 6’8” 230lbs 3 years
-Malik Dia F Belmont 6’9” 240lbs 2 years
-Rueben Chinyelu Washington State 6’11” 245lbs 3 years
Are we favored to get any others aside from lanier and dubar

Rod follows Nolan Traore, who is from France, 2024 guy. (Combo Guard)

Unranked but has offers from Gonzaga, Bama, and Xavier.

Wonder if it’s him
Traore is an explosive player. He also grew two more inches this year. He’s probably over 6 5” now. Haven’t heard him associated with us, but that would excite me.

There’s a difference in 10 mpg and 20 mpg that he might have to play. I think anyone that watched the games could tell it was a problem often throughout the year

Santi had no issue getting his minutes & he fouled more than Awaka.

Once he’s consistently playing 20+ mpg it’ll also help him figure out how to avoid the fouls.

He held up against Kalkbrenner/Edey defensively in the tournament but was atrocious offensively against them. Couldn’t handle length at all. Didn’t really have any moves except just going into the post defender and then when he got stuck he just threw up bad shots trying to get it over length. That was something that caught my attention. I just have too many questions for him to start personally

Scored & rebounded better than Aidoo in both games though.

I’m not saying Awaka should start, but definitely want him back. I have been prepared for Aidoo to leave, he almost left last year. I thought he’d leave for the draft, but maybe he didn’t have enough production this year.

Either way I want Awaka to withdraw and we don’t lose anyone else. DJ, Freddie & Aidoo, best of luck.

ZZ-Shack-Tyson-Dubar-Estrella starting 5 would definitely be a tourney team IMO. Then you got guys like Gainey-Carr-Phillips-Boswell coming off the bench. Thats IF we get them this weekend. Like Mookie said though we gotta try and get them to commit this weekend. We can’t let them leave uncommitted. At the very least we need 1 of the 2.

Reactions: Chaz-Vol
He’s never going to be a go to guy dominating the post but he’s got potential. He’s one of the best offensive rebounders in the country.

Aidoo sophomore season (per 40 min)
11.1 pts, 10.7 rb, 2.8 blk, .507 fg%

Awaka sophomore season (per 40 min)
15.6 pts, 14.0 rb, 1.9 blk, .591 fg%

If Awaka were to make a jump in his 3rd year similar to Aidoo, watch out.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back