2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Reading tea leaves here and other sites it seems that getting a starting guard like Lanier might push Mashack going into transfer portal. Getting 2 starting wings and an center are the positions that won't force someone else to leave right now.

Reading tea leaves here and other sites it seems that getting a starting guard like Lanier might push Mashack going into transfer portal. Getting 2 starting wings and an center are the positions that won't force someone else to leave right now.
In all honesty, if bringing someone else in pushes someone else to the portal, it tells me we upgraded talent and added someone who isn't afraid to compete. Not naming names, but I questioned the competitive desire of some of our players during certain games this year. This is the new way of college basketball. The old way of recruiting and developing for 4 years is gone. Different road we're on and it's a 2 way street. Just business now.

He held up against Kalkbrenner/Edey defensively in the tournament but was atrocious offensively against them. Couldn’t handle length at all. Didn’t really have any moves except just going into the post defender and then when he got stuck he just threw up bad shots trying to get it over length. That was something that caught my attention. I just have too many questions for him to start personally
He needs to work on that baby hook like Aidoo did. Aidoo abandoned it at some point though.

I wonder where all of these players are going to go when all these teams run out of bags? I’m afraid there’s gonna be a lot of players on the outside looking in.

Reactions: walkenvol
I’ve been under the impression that going into the portal means “exploring options” and not necessarily “gone”. Anyone KNOW Barnes’ philosophy?

I’ve been under the impression that going into the portal means “exploring options” and not necessarily “gone”. Anyone KNOW Barnes’ philosophy?
His philosophy looks like going after the best options in the portal based on visits, and forming the team based on needs and chemistry so far historically. He has a good budget to work with and other programs do as well ie UNC, Arkansas , etc. so often times for the players in the portal it comes down to fit and nil contract. We will see who we get when the pieces fall. We have a lot to sell other than good NIL contracts

VN Store

Back