2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’ve been under the impression that going into the portal means “exploring options” and not necessarily “gone”. Anyone KNOW Barnes’ philosophy?

So the way it's supposed to work, if everyone played by the rules.

You can't contact or offer players anything UNTIL they enter the transfer portal. It's up to the coach of the team they are leaving if entering the portal means they are truly "gone" or not. Once a player enters their scholarship for the upcoming year can be pulled.

Ya'll when you see someone share a random screenshot, just google the player in question. If they are in the portal you'll know immediately.
Swain retweeted so I thought there may be some validity. I have already stated my propensity to post dumb things…

(See post #2122 above)

Not sure any have interest or if we've reached out...but a few other names that could fit here.

Clemson F, RJ Godfrey, 6'8" 228lbs, 2 years - 6.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 59.4% FG 12.6 mpg in 69 games a "can guard anyone" defender and he shoots well. 37.5% from deep.

Villanova G, Brendan Hausen, 6'4" 205lbs, 2 years - 6.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 39.2% FG 39.5% 3PT, 86.7% FT in 17.6 mpg last season has played in 66 games

UNC PG, Seth Trimble, 6'3" 195lbs, 2 years - 5.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 47% FG 41.9% 3PT, was a top 30 player outta HS and the 6th rated PG probably more of a 6th man option this season but after ZZ leaves could be his show

I was unimpressed with what I watched of him this season. Seems like a guy with big recruiting hype without a ton of upside. JMO
Quick first step and has the potential to be a great distributor. Needs to work on his shot. Went on a month long cold streak where he was 2-20 or something similar from 3.

I think guys we've offered in the past are also options. Bold are the guys on the last updated list from bTo.

2023:
Aden Holloway
Andrej Stojakovic
Eric Dailey
Rueben Chinyelu

2022:
Prince Aligbe
KyeRon Lindsay

2021:
Zion Harmon
Bradley Ezewiro

2020:
Jayden Stone
Trey Patterson
Justice Ajogbor

If we get those two wing players I like what we done so far in the portal. Both have very high sc eff percentages and should really be effective offensive players here. If Awaka stays were looking good in the post as well with the two upcoming sophomores and hopefully Awaka.

If we get those two wing players I like what we done so far in the portal. Both have very high sc eff percentages and should really be effective offensive players here. If Awaka stays were looking good in the post as well with the two upcoming sophomores and hopefully Awaka.
Pair the post players with a grad transfer from Rutgers and we got ourselves another great team

In all honesty, if bringing someone else in pushes someone else to the portal, it tells me we upgraded talent and added someone who isn't afraid to compete. Not naming names, but I questioned the competitive desire of some of our players during certain games this year. This is the new way of college basketball. The old way of recruiting and developing for 4 years is gone. Different road we're on and it's a 2 way street. Just business now.
I have never questioned the competitive nature of Mashack. The only thing that I would think he may be concerned about iexpanding his offensive game. No one else -lays defense as well as him.

UNC is bringing in a kid that’s a top ten 5* and plays the same position as Tyson, then you have Ingram that could announce to come back as well.

Locking down Tyson shouldn’t be too difficult.
Would be thrilled. There’s no other Knecht, but I’d much rather have 3 guys that can score efficiently than a bulk scorer (even if that scorer is Knecht and he was incredible).

Tyson/Lanier/Dubar would take our offense up a notch for sure, then Barnes just has to get a rim protector and teach them defense.

UNC is bringing in a kid that’s a top ten 5* and plays the same position as Tyson, then you have Ingram that could announce to come back as well.

Locking down Tyson shouldn’t be too difficult.
they have another top ten wing too in the same class, not enough minutes for everyone if ingram comes back also

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Would be thrilled. There’s no other Knecht, but I’d much rather have 3 guys that can score efficiently than a bulk scorer (even if that scorer is Knecht and he was incredible).

Tyson/Lanier/Dubar would take our offense up a notch for sure, then Barnes just has to get a rim protector and teach them defense.

Kinda hoping we can get a visit from that Clifford dude.

Literally a more athletic and aggressive Aidoo. The first play says it all tbh lol

Everyone is taking on the Hurley manifesto. 1-4 all need to be a threat to score. As we all saw, putting your eggs in one scorer’s basket is dicey at best. UNC wants four wings and a rebounder. They have space for Tyson. That said, I still think we lead for a variety of other reasons, and hope we’ll lock him up this weekend.

Everyone is taking on the Hurley manifesto. 1-4 all need to be a threat to score. As we all saw, putting your eggs in one scorer’s basket is dicey at best. UNC wants four wings and a rebounder. They have space for Tyson. That said, I still think we lead for a variety of other reasons, and hope we’ll lock him up this weekend.
I know you said you think it’s slightly above 50% we get him this weekend, but how low do our chances go if he goes to UNC next week? Any chance at all we still get him?

VN Store

Back