2024 Transfer Portal Thread

6'4" Chaz Lanier (shooting guard)
6'8" Darlinstone Dubar (versatile wing)
6'10" Igor Milicic Jr. (stretch big)

Get Tobe Awaka back
Jahmai Mashack stays & thrives in a new role like I know he can

Off season development of Cam Carr & JP Estrella taking us over the top as my two potential Xfactors as well as Cade Phillips

Zakai Zeigler & Jordan Gainey

Boswell developing as a freshman

Get two more young guys maybe a summer circuit guy + a potential reclass or young transfer to develop for future years.

With a 13 scholly lineup like that I can see us doing damage. Carr + Estrella development really could bring us over the top imo

What's your thoughts on this roster?

6'4" Chaz Lanier (shooting guard)
6'8" Darlinstone Dubar (versatile wing)
6'10" Igor Milicic Jr. (stretch big)

Get Tobe Awaka back
Jahmai Mashack stays & thrives in a new role like I know he can

Off season development of Cam Carr & JP Estrella taking us over the top as my two potential Xfactors as well as Cade Phillips

Zakai Zeigler & Jordan Gainey

Boswell developing as a freshman

Get two more young guys maybe a summer circuit guy + a potential reclass or young transfer to develop for future years.

With a 13 scholly lineup like that I can see us doing damage. Carr + Estrella development really could bring us over the top imo

What's your thoughts on this roster?

PG: ZZ / Boswell
SG: Lanier / Gainey
SF: Mashack / Tyson / Carr
PF: Dubar
C: Igor / JP / Cade

*Didn’t include Awaka since we don’t know what he will do*

The more I think about it, the more I think Mashack starts and wears down the defense, Tyson comes in and provides a scoring spark of the bench, helps him transition for his final season.

This lineup has the ability to have multiple guys playing multiple positions.

The thing I like the most about Lanier, Tyson, Dubar and Igor, they all attack the class and get rebounds.
Lanier: 5
Tyson: 6
Dubar: 6.8
Igor: 8.5

Leaves us with two spots and that’s already a really nice roster. (If we land all these guys)

The more I think about it, the more I think Mashack starts and wears down the defense, Tyson comes in and provides a scoring spark of the bench, helps him transition for his final season.

The thing I like the most about Lanier, Tyson, Dubar and Igor, they all attack the class and get rebounds.

Leaves us with two spots and that’s already a really nice roster. (If we land all these guys)
Yeah, we would play a lot of position-less basketball imo. If Mashack returns I see no way he comes off the bench. Typical 6th men guys are usually known to be a spark plug scorer off the bench. This will be Zeigler & Mashacks team. We need both of their leadership.

BTO said similar style to JP, just veteran version, therefore he’s at the 5.

He’s not a 5, hasn’t played the 5 either. Dishon Jackson plays 5 for Charlotte.

If we land Igor he’ll be a stretch 4 here, 5 only when we’re playing small ball or other bigs are in foul trouble.

Nearly half his FGAs are from 3 too.

I really think starter spots are going to ZZ, Mashack, and probably Awaka. 2 wing soots are up to grab. Maybe I'm wrong but I think between Lanier, Tyson, and Dunbar there's really only room for 2 of them to start. I don't envision one of them would be willing to come off the bench.

Reactions: onfocusgovols
I really think starter spots are going to ZZ, Mashack, and probably Awaka. 2 wing soots are up to grab. Maybe I'm wrong but I think between Lanier, Tyson, and Dunbar there's really only room for 2 of them to start. I don't envision one of them would be willing to come off the bench.
Nah. One will start over Mashack. Mashack will be sixth man. And he thrives in that spot already.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I think Tyson would be perfect at UT. He is capable at scoring at all 3 levels and our S&C program would help him alot. DK put 10-15 lbs of muscle on in one offseason. What could Tyson become in 2 years? Moreso than anything Barnes would make him tough, if he is willing to do his part. The last part could get him into the league as he has plenty of skills to refine.
Did anyone tell Aidoo UT has an S&C program?

Reactions: VOLED and BbwVol
Think you are right which makes me wonder about Tucker Anderson because I think he may be willing to come off the bench.

VN Store

Back